The Red String - Neon x F!Reader (Fluff)

PLOT: only u and neon could see the red strings and uh idk i bullshit this
REQUESTED BY:
STARTED: february 22nd (happy twos day 2-22-22)
EXTRA INFO: honestly my own take of red string, doesn't follow the regular versions, i'm also having a set age for you i don't feel like making it illegal 💀
ur also shy bc this is self indulgent

You were walking around the neighborhood, seeing everyone's red string lead to one another. Everyone having a soulmate wether as best friends or lovers, you could see it all. You were able to see where everyone's red string lead, everyone around you had one. You yourself though, your's was cut short. It wouldn't lead anywhere, just a string of red yarn you dragged around but you didn't mind. You always tell yourself you don't need one, which you don't but it always hurt seeing everyone so happy, knowing you can't have someone like that.

You continued to walk until someone walked passed you, you felt a small tug on your wrist and looked at it. The short red string was pulling, it could never have enough force to genuinely move you but always able to feel the small tugs. 'This is new, I don't think I've seen this.' You looked at where the string was trying to pull you towards, the girl you just passed. She had blue hair, headphones plugged in, but most interestingly, another cut red string. You've never seen that for someone else before and felt a bit intrigued and approached the girl.

"Excuse me!" She turned her head to look around, seeing if that was towards her. She put her headphones around her neck and gives you a friendly smile, "Hello miss, did you need something?" You gave her a slight nod, "Alright then, what's up?" You didn't really think this far, not expecting the girl to be so friendly. "I, uhm—" The blue haired girl still had a smile on her face, being patient with you and not trying to embarrass you. 'Fuck it, straight to the point. I'll probably never see her again anyways.' You stared at her, "I might sound crazy but do you see red strings on everyone?"

The girl gave you a stare before quickly nodding, "Do you see it too?" You nodded too, "Ours are cut short.. were we chosen for this..?" You sounded crazy, red strings, chosen ones, random girl, it all felt so cliché. You two stood in silence for a bit before the woman tried to do something. She grabbed your red string, looking at you to see if it's ok first, seeing you didn't react she continued. She grabbed her own and then tied them together into a knot. "You think it's supposed to be like this?" You didn't gave a slight nod. The knot soon began to fade until the strings were fully merged together. When you both realized what this meant you two had a small blush on your faces.

"Does this mean we're soulmates..?" The woman gave you a small smile, "I guess so." She took a small pause before speaking again, "I would like to get to know you first." You nodded, "Same here, I don't even think I know your name yet.." She chuckled, "I'm Neon, 21, from the Philippines and love to run!" She gave you a larger smile waiting for you now to tell her about yourself. "I'm [Y/n], 22, from [your birth place]. I like to [Hobby/Interest]." "Well [Y/n], nice to meet you!"

"... Nice to meet you too."

honestly forced myself to write this i still have not motivation, i think i'm just burnt out and need to rest instead of forcing myself to do shit 😭

FINISHED : feb 22nd
WORD COUNT : 631