"rewrite the stars" - neon x killjoy (angst 1/2 parts)

PLOT : based off the song 'rewrite the stars'
REQUESTED : no
STARTED : january 22nd
EXTRA INFO : killjoy has viper already and killjoy is no longer Emil but Emery now bc us authors have just adopted that name

(you know i want you)

neons been pining for killjoy since day one. when she met killjoy she saw this beautiful, tall, woman with a cute face, yellow puffy jacket, a green beanie, and some glasses to finish it off. killjoy was adorably nervous when they met and it made neon a bit nervous too, especially when she didn't know how to act around a such a gorgeous woman.

(it's not a secret i try to hide)

the filipino has never compressed her feelings for killjoy. always getting her gifts, being super sweet, doing anything for her, basically anything that would satisfy killjoy. she did all that until viper showed up more into killjoy's life at least. neon was hurt by this but knew killjoy didn't have to return her feelings.

(i know you want me)

killjoy has been caught taking glances at neon though, confusing neon beyond the world. neon knows it's bad but she would occasionally take a glance back and have a slight blush on her face every time but then remembers, killjoy already has viper. she can't even compete. viper was pretty, smart, likes to work on things with killjoy, and seems to be extremely soft for her too but neons just, well herself. nothing like viper.

(so don't keep sayin' our hands are tied)

she's not forced to be viper. neons not forced to do anything for killjoy. so why does she keep saying their hands are tied? maybe there's something happening with the engineer. maybe she's forcing herself to do something, 'probably being friends with me.' neon thinks killjoy only says this because of her and feels upset.

(you claim it's not in the cards)

neon hates this phrase. killjoy never told her what she meant by it and she thinks yet again, them being friends or anything more isn't in the cards. it's not gonna happen. neon just wants to know what what she truly means though, why she's saying it.

(and fate is pullin' you miles away)

this is what neon thinks again, killjoy's fate just isn't with her. they're not meant to be. neon can't help but get even sadder with this thought but she knew she shouldn't when it's her fault for continuing to like someone with a girlfriend now.

(and out of reach from me)

neon noticed killjoy and her both haven't been as close as they used to be. neons not sure why, but it only started when she got with viper, is that what she meant by our hands are tied? what's going on with her and viper?

(but you're here in my heart)

even if killjoy were to completely pull away, neon couldn't stop loving someone like her. she's genuinely an amazing person until this happened, but neon believes there's a reason behind this. there's a reason to everything for what killjoy does.

(so who can stop me if i decide that you're my destiny?)

nothing. nothing will ever get neon to leave killjoy's side. as girlfriends, friends, people who barely talk anymore. neon will always have killjoy's back, she'd do anything for her. killjoy wouldn't ever know that though it seems.

(so what if we rewrite the stars?)

neon was sitting on a rock staring at the stars, her and killjoy used to go stargazing like this. killjoy doesn't have any time not though, she spends it all with viper.