Part 12

For a few days you felt silly, like you'd somehow crossed a line with Harry and maybe it wasn't a good idea to know more about him than you already did. You wished you could take it all back, the questions, the conversation about Camille, the unfortunate door you opened by telling him about the email from your dad.

He didn't push it too far, not that night, at least. He settled into bed beside you, laughed when you said you already gave Jeff a warning that the extremely public trip to Target wasn't your idea.

The next morning, when you woke up, you didn't expect to find the two of them downstairs, Lola sitting at the counter as if immediate action was necessary.

"Morning," Jeff said, lips pressed in a thin line when you came to the bottom of the stairs, PJ shorts and t-shirt riding up over your stomach. A warning would have been nice.

Harry–who was still clad in shorts and a t-shirt–had his back to you as he grabbed a muffin from a plate on the counter.

You tugged at your clothes to cover more skin. "Hi, is everything alright?"

"Yeah," Jeff nodded, hands shoved into the pockets of a zip up sweatshirt. "Just wanted to talk about a date for the announcement. Things kind of blew up overnight."

Harry turned around to face you, a smile on his face when he brought the plate of food over to the island. "Morning, love."

"Blew up?"

Jeff shrugged, went to sit beside Lola. "People are starting to ask questions. They've never really seen you before so they're kind of suspicious."

"Great," you said, a roll of your eyes when you walked into the kitchen, finally joining them. "Are they asking the obvious?"

"Oh yeah," Jeff nodded, eyes on his phone when he scrolled through comments on an instagram post and read aloud. "Is it his baby? Are they together? Another pregnancy scandal?"

"Another?" You looked over to Harry, eyes wide with concern.

"From the band," he made a face, "another from the band."

Jeff looked up from his phone and tilted his head. "We haven't said anything yet, obviously. But we wanted to talk with the two of you about when it might feel right."

"Yeah, you both mentioned wanting to tell a few people–have you made any progress with that?" Lola's hands were wrapped around a Starbucks cup, nails painted red.

You nodded, crossed your arms on top of your tummy and looked at Harry. "I can't think of anyone else I would tell beforehand."

"Me neither," he shook his head, broke off a bite of muffin and plopped it into his mouth and speaking around it. "Most people know about the little lemon by now."

"She's more a pomegranate at this point," you corrected.

"Okay, well," Lola said, eyes wandering to Jeff before she continued. "Should we do it this week? Next week?"

He looked over to the two of you, waiting to see if you'd protest. When you didn't, he shrugged. "Next week? You'll be how far along?"

"Almost twenty-seven weeks," Harry answered for you, mouth still full of muffin.

"Alright, so–does that work?"

"Yeah," you let out a breath, nodded when Lola offered you a sweet smile.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yes. Yeah–we should just do it, right?"

Jeff nodded. "The sooner it's out in the open the sooner things get easier."