Part 13

"So, he didn't say anything else?"

"Nope," you said, a shaky breath when she handed you a cup of tea on the couch. "He left the room and I came here."

Lexi nodded, watched you for a second when you wrapped your hands around the warm mug. "You both just need to cool down. Some space is probably good. You can figure out your feelings, get your thoughts in order."

"I think it's definitely good," you nodded, a sip of tea to wash down the sadness. "It was stupid in the first place to think that this would work. And accidentally catching feelings was also stupid and irresponsible."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," she rolled her eyes, annoyed with your self-deprecation. "You're literally navigating some crazy shit right now."

"Yeah, but, how did I let myself think any of this would work out?"

"Logic goes out the window when you fall for someone–and besides, I don't think it's fair to say that it won't work out."

You ignored her for a second, let your finger trace a pattern on your maternity jeans and tried to ignore the voice in your head. Maybe it will be okay.

Silence for a second, she sat beside you, took a pull from her own cup. But the silence wasn't the good kind, it felt like something was building and brewing, sure to overflow it you didn't start to spit out some of your thoughts.

"My dad asked me to get coffee."

"What?"

"Yeah. Said he'll be in LA soon and wanted to catch up, I guess."

"He's like a decade late..."

You let out a huff of air through your nose. "No shit."

"Are you gonna see him?"

"I don't know. I don't know what to do about anything right now. He said he saw on the news that Harry's the father of my baby."

"So he's just hopping on the fame bandwagon, or?"

"I don't know," you shrugged, a groan escaped your lips when it felt like the email had wrapped itself around your lungs. You looked over her shoulder and out the window to see a car roll by the apartment, dark windows. You couldn't help but feel paranoid and overwhelmed. People suddenly knew who you were, what you did for a living. There were articles about you and blogs suddenly dedicated to your maternity outfits. Could they have followed you to your old apartment?

"Look," Lexi set her tea down and watched you for a second. "Don't move back in here. I know you want space from him but–don't sabotage everything."

"I'm not sabotaging it," you said, offended. "I'm trying to protect myself, and my baby."

"From Harry?" She let out a laugh. "I don't think you need to be protected from him."

You didn't admit she had a point, instead: "why don't you want me to move back in here?"

"Because you're happy there."

"Not anymore," you argued.

"Y/N, just slow down, okay? You're the one who said that to him earlier. Take your own advice. Don't be such a bitch and make all these rash decisions."

You slurped your tea, an act of rebellion in the quiet living room, rolled your eyes when she spoke again.

"Don't be mad cause I'm right."

"You're not right."

"Oh shut up," she made a face at you. "You're scared. I get it. Be scared, but don't be stupid."