III:𝔟𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔯𝔬𝔬𝔪

1866 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬:

I try to get Laurie ready but he refuses "Laurie,Amy is expecting us and so is Jack so get up" he just grumbles and goes back to sleep "Laurie!" "I'll be there in a minute" "you will if you get up" "I don't wanna!" "Theodore Laurence!I am doing this for Amy,don't you want to see her?!" "I saw her before!" "Stop being selfish and get up Laurie" I hate being mean to my brother,I hate it so much but I know Amy wants him to be there and he is my responsibility "you go there before me I need a bath" he smiles and I sigh "fine but don't be too late and don't drink before you come!" "Yeah,yeah just go" I head out but I have this bad feeling about this.I arrive at the Chavain and Amy is out there in a dark blue gown with her golden hair up in a bun looking beautiful,it seems she hasn't noticed me so I sneak behind her then hug her from behind causing her to jump and turn to me,she lets out a sigh of relief "you scared me!" "I am not scary you are just jumpy" "you aren't scary I just thought you were a stranger!" I chuckle and hug her from behind again but this time she melts into it.

She turns to me with a smile on her face and flushed cheeks "where is Laurie?" She frowns cutely and I boop her nose causing it scrunch adorably "he is taking a bath before he comes because he is a dirty man" she chuckles "I can't argue with that one" she takes her soft hand in mine and guides me into the ball and all the mens head turns to me and I roll my eyes she sighs sadly,I don't know why,I spot Jack alone so I guide me and Amy towards him,the second he sees me he runs to me hugging me "Little Lily!you haven't grown!" I chuckle "you still call me that" "it's only the truth" he slowly releases me before shaking Amy's hand,they weren't as close as me and Laurie were to him but Amy always said she was jealous of him to Laurie which whenever I ask him why he just shrugs with a smirk. "Amy,long time no see" he smiles at her innocently and she smiles with sadness and envy in her eyes "what are you doing in France?" I ask him and he shrugs "I was given the opportunity and I just thought why not" I chuckle and Amy smiles at me,I lock eyes with her before Jack interrupts "are you guys having a staring contest because I want in?" I chuckle "no,silly" he pouts "aww man"

Amy links arms with me uncomfortable under all the stares I am getting so I whisper to her "if you're uncomfortable just look at me not them ugly men" she chuckles and nods looking at me with a smirk,that goddamn smirk. "Where is Laurie?" He asks and I chuckle "he is dirty so he is getting a bath before coming" "thank god because he stinks!" He waft's his nose dramatically making me laugh and Amy smile at me.His face drops and he points somewhere "that's Laurie!" I turn and see Laurie slumped on a couch with two women next to him,he is holding alcohol and his shirt is half way undone and his tie is untied.We all walk towards him and Jack has a worried face on whilst I am just angry,and Amy is disappointed. "Laurie" he turns to me with a shocked face "Lilith...Amy" "We waited an hour for you" Amy says coldly and I whisper to her "I'll sort him out,don't waste your time on him and enjoy the ball" she sighs and doesn't speak but stands by my side.

"I feel caught" is all Laurie says,I scoff and walk away knowing full well he will follow "Lilith please,Lilith" "do you want to know how disappointed I am?" "No" "I am going to tell you anyway,all you have done on this trip is drink after drink and be selfish towards people who actually care about you" "interesting" "exactly,any selfish person would enjoy talking about themselves" "how am I selfish?" "Extremely selfish,you don't care how long we waited do you?all you care about is your money,beauty and wealth-" "you think I'm beautiful" "oh you like that?of course you do" "I am not drunk" i laugh "if you weren't drunk you wouldn't look like a mess and be slurring all your words thoughtlessly" "so what if I am drunk?what do you expect after J-Jo...Jo rejected-she rejected..." I sigh "I feel bad for you I really do,but I wish you'd bear it better than this" "you don't have to feel sorry for me Lilith,you'd feel the same one day" I shake my head "no I won't,you have no idea how it is for me.People only enjoy my beauty so I won't let my heart be hurt like you did" I see Amy look down in the corner of my eyes with a frown and Jack furrow his eyebrows confused. "Perhaps you're just pushing people away who actually want to love you,Lilith Laurence ladies and gentlemen!"

He storms out leaving everyone staring at me,I feel tears make it's way so I step outside for some time alone that until Amy puts her arm around me making my head fall on her shoulder "I'm so sorry Amy" I cry out and she chuckles "what for?him?thats his fault not yours" I smile sadly at her "what he said was right though,maybe I am just pushing people away because I'm scared" "what do you mean 'scared?scared of what?" I chuckle "everything and everyone.If I stopped pushing them away they would just see the real me,and then run away" "no they won't" "how do you know?" She smiles sadly "I just-I do,the real you is beautiful inside and out" I smile at her,that is the kindest thing anyone has said to me "thank you so much" she smirks "what for?" "Just being you" she smiles with burning red cheeks.