seventeen

I wake up to no new texts from Ashton (which leaves me incredibly disappointed seeing as what happened last night).

However, there is one text from my mom. She has gone out for the day. God knows where she's going. Honestly, I don't even want to know.

The rest of the morning I spend in bed, curled up in my pajamas and warm blankets. The prospect of getting up and actually facing the day does not seem appealing.

What would I even do today? Go over to Ashton's house? Maybe. In fact, yeah!

So that's what I do. I climb out of bed and dress into a pair of jeans and a sweater. Instead of driving over there, I decide to walk in case Ashton is not a morning person and needs a few more minutes of sleep.

The last thing I would want is to show up and have him still be sleeping. Embarrassing.

After standing in the foyer for a few minutes, I begin the walk over to Ashton's house.

----------------

When I arrive at the large house, I knock on the door. Instead of Ashton, his mom answers it. As always, her face lights up when she sees me.

"Valerie! You're here early!'

"Yeah. Just wondering if Ashton's here?"

"He's in his room. He had a friend over last night but I suspect it's someone you know so go on up there and say hello."

I don't want to sound stupid saying I don't know the way to his room so I nod thank you and walk past her. I suppose I can find it myself.

Apparently I shouldn't have so much faith in myself because I could not at all find it. It took me ten minutes to get to the second floor after searching every room on the bottom floor that I didn't recognize.

As I'm nearing the next room, I hear laughter. And it doesn't sound like Kai or Sam's laughter. I come closer to the door and realize, which much shock, that that laughter out and out belongs to Samantha mother fucking Hartman.

Of course.

I don't know why I didn't expect this to happen. Ashton is a player. And I made the vow to not become one of his girls and it happened anyway.

He cheated on his girlfriend with me and then is now acting like nothing's wrong.

Without thinking, I burst into the room. The sight inside is a sight I wish to have bleached from my eyes.

Samantha lays on top of Ashton, not one article of clothing on her body. He's playing with her hair while he's just as naked.

Fuck.

They both whip their heads around to look at me and Ashton's face twists into something that resembles laughter. If I could smack him right now, I would. Why did I come over here?

"Valerie! What the hell are you doing here?" Samantha shrieks. She grabs a towel that looks like it just came from the laundry that is on the chair next to her and throws it over herself.

"I uh...came to talk to Ashton but now is definitely not a good time."

Before I am able to walk away, Ashton says, "I'll talk. Give me a sec to get dressed."

Samantha kindly moves off of him to let him stand up. I wonder if she's scared of him just a bit. I instinctively close my eyes and look away as he pulls on clothing. When I don't hear the rustle of clothes and movement anymore, I look back.

He's wearing a red sweatshirt and grey sweatpants.

Hot.

"I'll be back in a minute, babe."

We go out into the hallway and the second he faces me, I shoot him the dirtiest look I can muster.

"Does last night mean nothing to you?" I whisper shout.

He stares at me. "We made out a couple times, Val. It wasn't that special."

It was so fucking special you don't even know.

"But you can't just go back and lay naked with your girlfriend after you made out with another girl less than 24 hours ago!"

"Says who?"

I want to throttle him. "Says any person who actually gives a fuck about the person they're dating."

"Samantha and I are just for fun. I'm not taking this shit seriously."

"Just for fun? Are you fucking insane? You don't date someone just for fun. You either date them or you don't date them."

I'm the last person who should be saying that seeing as I'm fake dating this guy.

He doesn't say anything else. Just stares at me like I have five heads. "It's not your decision who I date and what I do with the people I date, alright?"

I'm about to say something else.

"Butt. Out!" he commands.

"Let me tell you something," I say. I don't realize that I'm breathing hard. "Last night was the best night of my entire fucking life. I've been basically in love with you for awhile now and it was fucking incredible to get to kiss you.
"If it means nothing to you, fine. I'll deal with that. However, just last night, it seemed like this whole thing meant a lot to you. So make up your mind."

He steps forward and before I know it, he's pinned me against the wall. His lips are on mine and I'm kissing back. So fucking desperate it's hilarious.

His little bipolar ass.

Ah well, can't stay mad for too long.

His hand goes to my thigh and lifts it up so it wraps easily around his waist. His lips move around my neck, my collarbone, and right underneath the collar of my sweater. It's oblivion and I never want it to end.

"You're really sexy," Ashton says in between breaths.

The butterflies in my stomach erupt. I push closer to him. But it's not close enough.

"Break up with Samantha," I mutter. "If you want this. Or stop kissing me now and run back to her."

He pulls back for a moment, his eyes staring me down. "Fine."

I almost can't believe my ears for a second. Fine? Just like that? I'm not going to question it.

----------------

Ashton goes back in the room after at least ten more minutes of kissing. His lips are swollen and his hair is messed up. It's not hard to miss and Samantha definitely won't.

I listen in from the door, attempting to hear their breakup conversation. Everything is muffled through the door, however. I just trust that Ashton is actually breaking up with that bitch. It's not too much to ask.

"Samantha and I are just for fun. I'm not taking this shit seriously."

------------------

heyyyy!! sorry about the delay for this update. ive been swamped with work since school started again and i don't have a bunch of time to sit down and write.

but, i hope you enjoyed that chapter! the book is kind of coming to a close because, like i said, ive only planned a few more chapters out.

but, there will be lots of exciting stuff happening in these next few chapters so get ready for that!!!!!

if you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment on it and then share this story so others can read and enjoy it, too!

have a great rest of your day/night !!

word count: (no including author's note) 1240 words

ps. i did change my username!