nineteen

It is not until that night that Ashton texts me. It's nothing complex, what he sends me, just a little 'hey.' But that alone is enough to make my night.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Want to come over?"

The prospect of coming over to his house makes me giddy with joy. But I simply cannot tonight. My mom is going to be here and I actually want to sit down and eat dinner with her for once in a millennium.

"I would, but I'm having dinner with my mom. Another night."

"Can I come over and eat with you? We're just friends to your mom, no?"

"Don't you have homework or something? It's a school night!" The thought of him coming over and eating dinner with my mom, who I've already lied to enough, scares the hell out of me.

"No. I leave my homework for Sunday night. Please let me come over. I, as your friend, have been dying to meet your parents!"

I can't help but laugh. He does that to me. How do I even say no? God, his charm is so irresistible. 

"Fine. But let me check with my mom first. She might say no."

I go downstairs and find my mom just getting ready to cook. Caught her at the perfect moment.

"Hey. Would it be okay if one of my guy friends came over and ate with us tonight? He's been wanting to meet you. I've told him a lot about you."

She looks delighted. It's either the fact that we're finally having someone over for dinner or that her daughter is actually making friends. Friends who are guys, no less! "That would be wonderful!" she says excitedly.

I basically race back upstairs to text Ashton. I haven't even told him he can come over and he's already asked for my address...what if my mom had said no?

"You can come over," I say.

"Was already planning to. Address?"

I type out my address for him and then consult my closet. I want to wear something nicer than what I wore at school today. This is dinner with my mom and the guy I'm basically in love with (although mom doesn't know that part).

After a bit of perusing, I decide on a brown strapless top with a checkered skirt. I'm surprised how good it looks. Especially considering skirts are normally impossible for me to actually look good in.

The doorbell rings a few minutes later, while I'm halfway through putting deodorant on. I finish quickly, cap the bar, carelessly throw it on the counter, and run downstairs.

"Will you get it, honey?" my mom calls as I come past.

"On it," I reply.

At the door stands Ashton. He's in a black button down shirt, a belt, and dress pants. Damn!

He smiles when he sees me. "Don't you look nice?"

"You look pretty good yourself," I reply.

Without a word, he walks in the door, grabs my waist, and pushes me softly against the wall. I know what's happening and I am all for it.

Our lips meet softly and his hands travel around the hem of my shirt, which is rather low. I slide my hands into the back of his shirt. His skin is warm and soft under my fingers. I feel around everywhere.

"Mmm, my mom's here. She might see something," I mutter when we break for air.

"Well we'll just go upstairs while she finishes cooking," he replies.