Part 5

That was really mean of me, for saying that I would update a few but didn't... Sorry!! To make up for it, here have part 5

Part 5

He looked at me intently for a few seconds and I managed not to cringe or turn away. I smiled a confused smile at him, wondering what he wanted me to come in.

"I heard you have taken a certain young man under your wing?" He began, ah.

"You hear correct. I saw that the girls were already planning on terrorising him so I thought I would at least be a friend to him." Not to mention he's one of us. I thought it was best not to add this part yet.

"I would imagine he could steal quite a few hearts out there, especially considering North isn't available." I blushed under his amused smile.

"He looked really shy and I didn't want everyone to scare him off, he wouldn't have lasted first period." He laughed at this but I felt like he was holding something back. "So, how is the diner going?" I asked, it was weird to think he was my headmaster/boss/uncle all in one.

"The business is thriving at the minute, thank you for asking. If you need time off for studies, just please tell me and you can have any time you want." he said kindly.

"That's great thank you but I am doing fairly well I believe." I knew what he was thinking, I had struggled with the recent news and I tried to contain it all.

"Sang, I called you to talk to you, not as a headmaster, but as an Uncle. There has been some news about the terrible night and I was wondering if you would like to know it." My breath caught, it was the night that had torn me apart from the only family I had- the night my father had been killed.

I remember waking up to a knock on the door at 5 am saying my dad had been in a major car crash and was critically injured. I rushed to the hospital to see him in a really bad state; the doctors weren't sure how long he had left. He told me he loved me and he was going to fight for me. I guess he didn't fight hard enough because he died holding me only 10 minutes later.

"The man was driving under influence wasn't he? The police did an autopsy on the driver who died and found a lot of drugs and alcohol in his system." A breath caught in my throat, this only happened a few months ago and wasn't entirely sure if I could have this conversation again, but I knew it was necessary.

"Well, that's what they said but after we asked for a more detailed one, they found that the body would have been dead 6-8 hours before the incident and there were some subtle markings of bruising on the temple that could easily have been missed."

"What does this mean?" I felt hot tears tracking down my face and I made no movement to wipe them away.

"The death of your father may have been a planned attack." I gasped and didn't hide the sobs rising from my stomach. How could someone do this? How could they be so horrible to take away my only family? He was one of the nicest and kindest men anyone could meet and he was such a good dad to me. Uncle came round to my side of the desk and held me in his arms; my world was crashing down all over again. He held me tight and said it was all okay, stroking my hair in a calm motion, reminding me of when my dad used to do that to comfort me.

After a few more minutes I pushed away gently, tears still rapidly coming down my face but my breathing a little steadier.

"Would you like me to call one of the boys here? North has to stay but I can ask another to come and collect you." I nodded. "I think I will call a family meeting tonight, it's about time we need one too." He pulled out his phone and started messaging someone.

"I... I have something to talk about too..." I said between hiccups. He looked up with an arched eyebrow but nodded anyway.

"Okay Sang. I'll tell North to take your stuff with him and come home with it. Someone is coming for you and should be here in a few minutes. I'll write a note for you to show them and anyone else okay?" I nodded, it would be easier than explaining to them that... well a terrible thing had happened.

"Can I write one to North? Would it be okay if no one else saw it?" I asked.

"Sweetie, I'll deliver it in person." He replied gently, he has been really good with me since I heard the news. He was the one who drove me to the hospital and was there when my dad passed away. Even though they weren't related, they were practically brothers. I grabbed a piece of paper from his desk and wrote a note to North:

I'm sorry. Try making friends with Victor, get his number for me and say he's still welcome tomorrow. Please forgive me.

I signed it by drawing a heart and writing an 'S' in the middle of it. It was my mark if I ever needed to write to one of the boys. I folded it in half and we swapped letters. I half smiled and sniffed, using my arm to wipe away some more tears.

"Sang, I have tissues so your arm wouldn't have to get wet." I giggled softly and he walked towards the door. "Let's go outside and see if they're there." I nodded and walked behind him, grateful it was the middle of the lesson so not many people would be there to see the spectacle I had made myself into. We walked into the cool afternoon and I saw Kota's car with him nervously leaning on the outside. From I distance I saw him counting my fingers, looking a little relieved but then his face dropped as he saw my tear stained face.

"Sang, honey." He said and pulled me into a hug. Immediately I started crying as he wrapped his arms tightly around me. I could sense him and Uncle speaking silently but I didn't care, I just wanted to let go, to stop feeling, to stop hurting. Just as I thought it would be okay, this piece of news comes crashing down on me. Kota picked me up and led me to the car without saying a word, depositing me in the passenger seat, even doing my seatbelt for me. He got into the car and set off.

"We need to go home, but when we are there, we can do anything you want to okay?" He asked, I could hear his desperation in his voice so I just nodded; staring at the letter Uncle had given to me. It didn't take long to get home and I stepped out by myself, looking at the mansion we owned. My father had bought a 10 bedroom house and just looking at it reminded me of the times we had together, I started sobbing again, in the middle of the drive. Kota reached me and gently guided me into the house and to the comfy room we had. He sat me down in a bean bag and quickly left the room, coming back with some ice-cream and two spoons. I passed the letter to him as he sunk next to me. I saw him open it and frown before quickly looking up at me.

"Oh, Sang." He was lost for words but I just started crying again. I noticed he held me even tighter as I was unable to control my body, thumping his chest and clutching onto him for dear life. That was the anger kicking in. How dare someone intentionally take my dad's life? He did nothing to deserve this; he shouldn't be the one in a grave, with only a 17 year old daughter to make the preparations. No daughter at that age should have to do something like that. Everyone said that grief takes time to heal but it was never going to leave me. He wasn't going to come back and now to find out that he was murdered on purpose? There were some cruel people and that person must have been worst.

After a while, my limbs went a little loose and I just relaxed onto Kota's chest. I was nearly done crying, I needed to rest to gather back my energy. Kota's arms were soothingly rubbing my back and rubbing the nape of my neck. I felt more relaxed and was drifting off to sleep.

"It's okay Sang." I heard him whisper as he kissed my forehead. "We are all here for you."

Let me know what you guys think of it!