Part 8

For this part, I originally had this being 2 separate parts but I decided to merge them. Basically, I rolled two updates to one!

Part 8a

I had taken a quick shower to get all of the chlorine out of my hair and off my skin. It also felt good to have a shower in the day, refreshing somehow. I wrapped a towel round myself and unlocked the door; it was really good to have an ensuite especially round all of these boys. Picking an outfit I quickly got dressed and began brushing my hair. There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called, expecting it to be Gabe to fix my hair as he always does. I really do love it when he makes my hair beautiful because the boys like playing it and that makes me become a purring cat.

"Hey Peanut." Nathan entered, I was a little surprised but he looked a little sad, I silently asked if he was okay, his eyes allowing more emotion through them today. He smiled when he met my eyes but I questioned how deep that was.

"Are you okay?" I asked continuing with drying my hair. He came up behind me and took the hairdryer from my hands.

"Is it okay if I do your hair today?" he asked tentatively. I nodded at him but was asking if he knew what he was doing. Trust. I needed to trust him. He made quick work of drying my hair. He sat me down and started doing a long loose French braid in my hair, he was doing really well.

"Sang, there's something I haven't told you. And I know I've known you for 2 years but we have only been, this close, recently." He told me and I saw his hands began shaking.

"Don't worry Honey. It's fine that you haven't told me everything because I either know you will come to me when the time comes or I should not hear it. I respect and care for you in any case and what you will or won't say to me will not change that opinion." When I first met Nathan, although he wasn't abused physically or mentally, his father was never there and he really struggled to depend on people. He had been left very lonely and I don't think knew how to deal with people caring for him. When he was ready he would talk to me and I would always encourage that.

He paused my hair style and I stood up, making the braid fall out but I didn't care. Tears were welling up in his eyes and he needed a hug more than I needed my hair doing. I went on my tip toes and slipped my arms around his neck, slightly bending him over. He buried his head on my shoulder and I gently stroked his back for a few minutes. We stayed silent and I felt him breathing heavy, neither of us needed to speak because we had each other.

I closed my eyes and I felt the world shift around us, we were in a quiet park in Paris. I knew this because Nathan's worldly gift is to fly anywhere within seconds and this was his favourite place to talk. I was always amazed by his gift and felt so lucky he was willing to share it with me.

I pulled away from him, taking my hands and wiping the stray tears on his cheeks away. I held his face in my hands and kissed him gently on the forehead before taking a step back. He straightened up and smiled at me. I held out my hand and once he placed his giant palm next to mine, led him to our favourite bench.

"Peanut! I'm gonna have to start again." He half chuckled and I giggled. I turned around so he could start again.

"I never knew you could do hair." I talked to him smiling as this was something I could do later with him.

"That's what I want to talk to you about." He took a deep breath. "Sang, I had a younger sister. She was only 16 months younger than us. " I smiled in joy before realising what he said.

"What do you mean 'had'?" I asked.

"Well, she died 3 years ago today. I'll tell you the story one day." He said, concentrating hard on my hair.