Second chapter

After getting ready, the members were on their way to the dance studio. They were supposed to practice the choreography for the SBS festival.

"I am really excited about our new choreography" Ni-ki stated happily.

"Yeah, me too, I think our fans will love our opening" Sunghoon responded.

They arrived at the studio and the members were all warming up and stretching.
Jay noticed that Jungwon looked tired although he tried to hide his form with a smile. Jay knew him too well and wouldn't get fooled by his fake smile.
He made his way over to Jungwon and hoped that he could lighten up his mood.

"Hey Jungwonie"

"Hey Jay hyung"

"Is everything alright? You seem to be quiet tired"

"Yes.. It's just that I haven't gotten a lot of sleep lately, that's why I'm like this, sorry."

"Now why would you apologize, it's not your fault !Come on, let's stretch together and spend some time together after dance practice."

"Yes that sounds good, thank you Jay."

"Of course."

Jungwon was really happy that Jay always helped him whenever he was down. He really appreciates Jay and often feels like he doesn't deserve him.
Jay was like a light to him, that lit up the darkness of his mind. He secretly called him moonlight for that reason and because he admired the moon just as much as him.

After dance practice, the members took a shower and met up for lunch.

"I'm quite pleased with our performance so far "

"Me too, Heeseung " Jake responded. "I think our opening will make our fans faint "

"Now now, let's not exaggerate " Sunoo said.
"Let's do our best but firstly, let's enjoy our delicious meal.

"This meat is really good by the way" Sunghoon stated satisfied.

While everyone was eating, Jay kept glancing over to Jungwon who sat across from him. Jake noticed that Jay was looking at Jungwon.
"Why are you staring at Jungwon mate ? Do you have a crush on him or something?"

"W-what ? Nah, I was just ... dozing off ha-ha."

Jake didn't fully believe him but decided to not disturb him any further. He decided to keep observing his mate tho.

After finishing their meal, everyone headed back to their dorms. Sunoo and Sunghoon were busy doing V-live and the rest just sat on the couch.
Jay noticed that Jungwon was thinking about something and decided to have a talk with him.

"Excuse me guys, but I promised to show Jungwon something. See you later."

He grabbed Jungwon by his arm and carefully led him to his room.

"Hey Jungwon, I've noticed your discomfort and want to help you because I'm worried about you."

"Thank you Jay hyung , but you really don't need to worry about me. I'm just tired , that's all ."

"Mmhh. Should I pretend like I'm believing you and let it slide or should I force you to tell me the real reason ? Come on Jungwonie, I've noticed that you are always thinking about something and yesterday wasn't the only time you were tired. "

"I really can't fool you , can I ? Well , the truth is that I.. never mind "

"Jungwon please tell me . " Jay pleadingly looked into Jungwon's eyes. He placed his hand on the younger's thighs and moved closer . "Tell me, I won't judge you, you know that. "

Jungwon instantly felt a lot better when he could feel Jay's touch. It kind of made him nervous to be so close to Jay but he was able to keep cool.

"The truth is that I've been overthinking a lot and worry about my skills every time. I feel like a failure and want to satisfy everyone. And all of these thoughts and worries keep me awake at night. "

"Jungwon, you are an incredibly talented dancer and vocalist, you amaze me and everyone on a daily basis and I adore you so much. You should never in a million years doubt yourself. Don't you remember that you were on top in I-Land? And all of the members trust you and no one doubts you, I promise .
I know that it takes more than my speech to make you stop overthinking but maybe you need to distract yourself whenever these thoughts occur.
If you want to, I can sleep here today and we can talk about random stuff until you fall sleep. And don't forget that you can come over at any time. Even if it's 4am.  Okay ? And once again, you are an incredibly talented, sweet , loving and wonderful person so don't torture your precious self. "

Jungwon was holding backhis tears. He was incredibly touched by Jay's words and really needed to hear that.

"Thank you so damn much, Jay hyung. You have no idea how grateful I am. How do I deserve such a great friend? "

With that, Jay pulled Jungwon into a tight hug that gave the both of them a feeling of safety and comfort. Jay didn't know why but the word "friend " was bothering him.
Of course, Jungwon was his best friend but he longed for more than that. Deep down, he knew that he was developing feelings for Jungwon but he was desperately trying to push them away since he was scared of ruining their relationship. And Jungwon was probably not interested in boys anyway...

"Jay, can I sleep here tonight? I think your presence would help me a lot."

"Of course "

Jungwon quickly moved under the bed sheet and signaled Jay to lay besides him. Jay was about to put on a movie but realized that Jungwon was already asleep on his chest.
Jay blushed and admired Jungwon's face.
His eyes, his perfect skin, his beautiful hair, his lips. His gaze lasted on his lips for way too long and when he caught himself practically staring at Jungwon's lips, he slapped himself. "Pull yourself together, he's your damn friend ", he cursed to himself.
With a smile, he pulled Jungwon even closer to himself and fell asleep.