Chapter 7: The Introduction of Joseph Bruno

Chapter 7

In the crisp cold morning, Lola is surprisingly warm; warmth that strangely radiates from behind her. As she slowly gains consciousness, she’s aware of a body behind her, who’s sinewy bare arm is thrust over her waist, holding her close to him. From his distinctive scent and muscular physique , she has no doubts of the male in her bed. 

Only what the hell is he doing there? When did he even creep in? Did he-…Surely he wasn’t that desperate or sick to take advantage of an unconscious woman, right? Then again…
She stiffens, her hands sweeping over her body and sighing in relief as she feels her undergarments still on-just as she had when she climbed into her seemingly safe bed last night.
Feeling her body’s rigidness, his face snuggles against her neck, her hair falling beneath conveniently to the side, revealing her bare neck to him.

“Valentina,” he breathes, “relax amore.”

She may not be fluent in Italian but she can take a good fucking guess as to what ‘amore’ means. And paired with ‘Valentina’; Lola feels outrage burn through her. She’d thought he’d been taking care of some ‘mob stuff’ last night after he’d threatened her, not flying into the more welcoming embracing arms of his lover. The absolute pig!

“I am not your lover,” grits out Lola, her rage taking over common sense.

She realises it as soon as she says it. She should have kept quiet. She should have just waited for him to roll away or slip out of her bed, but it’s too late now.

Carlos is awake.

He bolts upright, ripping his body away from hers as he runs a hand over his face in disorientation. Lola. What is he doing in bed with Lola? Shaking away the sleep, memories of yesterday thunder through him like a Tokyo rush hour train and he internally groans at his stupidity. What the fuck was he thinking?

Lola gently rises herself, making sure to keep the sheets tucked securely under her armpits even though she realises that Carlos has already seen and felt her body.
“What are doing in my bed?” she flatly asks brushing back the tangled mane of locks as she stares down at her intruder.
Sure, maybe she should be more…what’s the word he used again? Oh yeah-docile. Especially considering last night’s actions, but clearly he’ll do whatever he wants and she’ll be damned if she goes down without a fight. He won’t break her-she won’t let him.

Grey eyes flash at her with coolness-just as always.
Lola keeps her gaze steady, keeping stray thoughts of his beautifully tanned, chiselled male torso pushed to the back of her mind.
“ ‘Your bed’,” he snorts, “my apartment, my room, my bed.”
“Fine. What are you doing in this bed that I sleep in?” she asks before snidely adding, “Come to finish what you started yesterday? I get non-consensual is your thing but unconscious? Really?”

“ ‘Non-consent’? ‘Unconscious’? We both know picolla if I fucked you, you would not be resistant or unconscious,” he chuckles in a low dark tone.

Lola’s cheeks flame as her blood pressure rises again.

“You’re-you’re disgusting,” she spits, her words lacking any real force due the momentous embarrassment that takes over. 
“Oh and just in case I didn’t make it absolutely clear last night, I do not consent to you touching me-not one bit.”

Carlos snorts in response ripping back the sheets as he climbs off the bed.
“Well it’s too bad no-one gives a fuck what you want then, isn’t it?” he sarcastically retorts, giving Lola one last challenging look as he makes his way towards the door.

Despite herself, Lola’s eyes soak in the sight of his powerful shoulders and back before slithering down to his toned ass. She forgets for a minute that he’s him and the primal cavewoman in her just focuses on the mighty fine specimen of juicy prime male steak in front of her.