4

Ben pulled up at the hospital and walked into the lobby, walking to the waiting area and stood by the front desk.

" Benjamin Warren what took you so long?” He heard Miranda say and it brought tears to his eyes. Ben met her down the long hall and he grabbed her and pulled her in for a hug. He used his hand and rubbed the back of her head and put the other one on her back. After their embrace, he brought her in for a long kiss. Ben sucked on her bottom lip and put his tongue in her mouth exploring his lost treasure. Both of them gasped for air and their breathing was labored. "No the question should be for you. What took you so long?” Ben asked blinking back his tears.

"I don't even know Ben, honestly it feels like yesterday." Miranda said shrugging her shoulders. " I mean I know Webber and Callie told me it's been 5 years" Miranda rambled.

"Well sleeping beauty, it seemed more like a life time for me." Ben said holding her hand.

Miranda snatched her hand away from Ben and she punched him in the arm. " Callie told me that you haven't been to see me in two years." Miranda voiced angrily.

" I can explain and we really need to talk." Ben said grabbing her hand.

"Ben, do you know that I have to take a month off from surgery and I need to brush up on Techniques before I can start back working." Miranda told him, whining some.

She was holding her wedding dress in her hand as they walked out, Callie gave her some blue scrubs.

Ben was walking beside her to the car. " Oh no give me the keys. I know how we got into this in the first place." Miranda panicked holding her hand out.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you and please buckle up this time." Ben asserted ushering her to the car.

When they got into the car ben turned towards Miranda. " Okay honey. I need you to listen and let me finish before you say anything." Ben cautioned as Miranda shook her head holding his hands.

"Okay so Miranda, I am married." Ben started.

"Yeah, I know that, Ben. I remember our wedding just not five years after that. Are you okay Ben because—

"No, Miranda let me finish. You were in a coma and for the first 3 years. I hung on for you, sat with you every morning and night, I brushed your hair, painted your nails and read you books on sifi and surgery. After we were going into year 4, Derek said that you coming to a vegetative state, but I still wanted to keep you on. But I knew you told me if something ever happened to you, to let you go. So I came to grips with it and I agreed with Shepard. I said goodbye to you Miranda and that was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life . Derek and Callie came in to turn the life support off and I left before it was over. I couldn't take it. I left Seattle, I became a firefighter in LA. I met someone, her name is Simone, I married her almost 6 months now and we have a child on the way. We decided to move back to Seattle, so now I work at station 19." Ben explained talking fast.

Miranda snatched her hands away from him, as she processed what he said " You did what?!" She yelled.

" I know Miranda, I'm sorry." Ben apologized looking at her eyes.

"Hurry up and get me home I can't even look or talk to you right now." Miranda yelled pointing her finger at him, tears pooling in her eyes, threatening to fall over like a water fall.

"That's another thing. I got rid of our apartment. I packed up all of your clothes and sent them to Goodwill. I still have the things I know that were important to you. It's in the shed at my house. My wife thinks-

Miranda slapped Ben before he could get it out. "Don't you dare say that. I'm your wife." Miranda snapped.

" Okay- well I told Simone you were coming. But I didn't tell her you were my wife, I told her you were my best friend." Ben said scratching his head.