7

Miranda was in her kitchen cooking dinner for herself. She made chicken tikka masala. She listen to music as she stirred her rice.

The doorbell rung profusely. " What the hell?” Miranda questioned as she wiped her hands with a towel. "Hold it together. I am coming." Miranda yelled out as she walked to the door.

She snatched the door opened. "Ben?...What?" She stopped mid sentence as she looked down at him holding a car seat with an infant whaling. "What is going on? Come in." Miranda said backing in as the rain poured down outside.

"She just won't stop crying. I don't know what else to do. I changed her, tried to feed her, she won't eat." Ben said pacing back and forth. Miranda looked over at him and then down to the car seat. She bent down and took the cover off of the car seat.

Revealing a beautiful brown skin baby with dark curly hair. Her face was red and she was screaming. "Oh come here. I got you little one." Miranda said as she picked her up and placed her head on her chest.

"Shhhh. Everything is ok. You hungry?" Miranda bounced back and forth in the room. Ben reached into the diaper bag and handed her a bottle. Miranda sat down and switched her to her arms. She placed the bottle to her mouth but she wouldn't take it. Miranda squeeze a little out on the tip of the bottle and placed it to her lips letting the milk touch them. She finally opened up and took the bottle. Miranda gently rocked back and forth. After she finished eating she burped her across her shoulder and then proceeded to rock her to sleep.

Miranda then looked over at Ben; he had his face in his hands. "What's her name?" Miranda asked as he looked up and his eyes were red. "Brielle." Ben replied quietly. "How did you get her to stop ?" Ben asked seriously.

"She was just stressed. You are stressed so your stress is contagious to babies. Her body can mirror how you feel. You need to relax and calm down when dealing with her. Where is her mother? I know she would have told you that." Miranda said quietly looking over at him.

Ben met her eyes and he looked so defeated. "Oh No. She didn't?" Miranda said knowing with out him saying.

"How. I mean if you don't mind me asking." Miranda said.

Ben thought back to the day.
While he was in the hospital he sent Simone home to rest the next morning. Ben sat with his eyes closed and heard feet shuffling. He looked up as he saw Miranda walk pass his door. She cut her eyes his way and then moved along. She did this ad least five times. " You could just come in and ask how I am doing." Ben called out.

Miranda's mouth gaped open. Like a kid caught with her hand in a cookie jar. "I thought you were sleep." Miranda said standing at the door, shoving her hands into her pocket.

" How are you feeling?" Miranda questioned still standing by the door. She didn't want to get close to him. Her heart and mind is not clear when he was around. "I'm doing good. Look Miranda can you come in all the way please, sit down." Ben asked with his pleading eyes.

Miranda slowly came in and she slowly sat in the chair. "Miranda I just wanted to say I'm sorry and that I want you, I want-

Miranda held her hand up. " Ben just stop. Stop it with the lies and the mind games."

" Miranda listen to me . I want you."

Miranda cut him off once more. " Ben I sat back and waited for you, like a fool. I waited and you wouldn't choose me, time and time again. You didn't choose me. Your wife. I thought I was the love of your life. I don't care what happened to me. Ben I would have chosen you over and over again. No question, no doubt about it, without a pause, in a heart beat. I-

" Miranda Bailey I said let me talk." Ben yelled silencing her and commanding her attention. " I love you Miranda. You are the love of my life. I know that I didn't choose you. I had a lot of things clouding my judgement but I made a mistake and I love you once again. I am sorry. I didn't fall in love you Miranda. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to the things that we choose anyway. And I'm saying right now that I choose you in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I will find you and choose you." Miranda was now standing looking at him in the eyes. "Miranda can you find my wallet? I think it's in a bag with my stuff over there." Ben said pointing to the corner. Miranda looked into his uniform pants and pulled out his wallet, handing it to him.

Ben opened it up and pulled out her rings. " Put it back on." Ben said handing it to her. " Ben I'm not putting the ring back on."

" You don't have to put the band on, just the engagement. I'll hold on to the wedding band until I get everything in order. Wear this engagement ring as a promise. I promise that I choose you and I promise that I will make this right and it won't take long." Ben said holding the ring between his fingers. Miranda rolled her eyes and she extended her hand allowing him to place the ring on her finger. " I think this engagement is better than the first." Ben said chuckling.

"How so ?"

"Well for one you didn't work through my attempted trials of proposing and two, I am able to actually slide the ring on your finger." Ben said hunching his shoulders.

" So you didn't like the thong with my proposal?" Miranda questioned with a smirk on her face.

" I take it back. That one was my favorite." Ben said licking his lips.

" But on a serious note. Benjamin Warren. This is the last chance I am giving you. You mess this up and as much as it pains me to say this. It is over between us. I'm giving you two months." Miranda said as she peered down over him.

" Okay. I just have to figure out custody agreement with her. She said if I leave her. She is moving back to LA with the baby." Ben said putting his hand on his forehead.

"She can't do that. That's not fair, you have just as many rights to the baby as she does. You have to fight her for it in court Ben." Miranda said and you could see the anger radiate off of her.

" I am. I am going to have another conversation with her as soon as this wound heal and I am out of the hospital." Ben said.

Miranda shook her head "I'll come back to check on you later." Miranda said walking out of the door.

3weeks passed by and Ben was home. He was able to get back on his feet and go back to work. "Simone. I have said it once before and then I stayed because you threaten to take my child from me, but I mean it this time when I say it. I'm going back to Miranda." Ben said firmly.

"And I am going back home. It is just as simple."

"Please know that along with the divorce, we will have a custody battle because I'm not giving up with out a fight." Ben yelled.

"I don't care what you do. How about you get out of my house now." Simone yelled.

" Great that sounds like music to my ears. Since its you’re house…right?" Ben huffed walking up stairs. He packed himself a carry-on bag and then he walked back down stairs. Ben walked to the door and opened the door to leave.

" Wait Ben, uggh I need help." Simone called out in agony.
Ben ran around the corner and saw Simone grabbing her stomach, he looked down at the floor and saw the pool of blood. " Oh God. I'm going to call for a rig." Ben reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. He called 911 as he help her sit on the floor.

Ben rode with her to the hospital. He watched as they immediately wheeled her away and all he could do was wait.

" Family of Simone Warren." A doctor said as they looked around the room.

Ben stood up and met him. He walked with him down the hall as they brought him to a room. He looked in and saw Simone with a tube in her mouth and nose, she also had ivs hooked up to her.

" She had a placenta abruption which caused the heavy bleeding. The babies amniotic fluid from the sac seeped into her bloodstream. It something that we normally can't catch until delivery. She had an emergency C-section because of the placenta abruption, the baby was loosing oxygen and that's when we notice the tare in the sac. The amniotic fluid can cause sudden low blood pressure, seizures, loss of consciousness. Which is everything that happened during the emergency C-section but she is resting now.”

"And my baby?" Ben questioned. “She is in the NICU. Everything has stabilized on her and she is doing great. You have a trooper." The doctor said.

" Can you take me to go see her?" Ben questioned.

The doctor nodded his head and walked with him to the NICU. "If you gown up you can go inside. I'm sure she would love some company." One of the nurses spoke from the door. Ben put on a pink gown and the rest of the materials and he walked inside to the incubator. " She is beautiful." Ben said to himself. He put his hand through the hole and he used his index finger to touch her hand. Letting her little fingers wrap around his. Ben sat with her for about two hours before he decided to go check on Simone.

Ben walked back to her room and he heard a lot of commotion. " Charge paddles to 150….clear." Ben heard as he got to the door.

"What happen?" Ben yelled

"sir step back"

Ben watched as they re-charged the paddles over and over, upping the charge. He watched as the flat line came cross the monitor and sounded out.

"Time of death. 20:36"
Ben had tears in his eyes as he sat down on the ground, on the outside of the door.

" I am so so sorry Ben." Miranda said reaching out for him. He was sitting on the other couch, Ben got up and walked over to her. She still had Brielle laying on her chest, sound a sleep. Ben got on the couch and put his head on her lap as he stretch his legs out. Miranda rubbed his head and his back, soothing him. Miranda did this until she heard him snoring.

She slowly moved and placed his head on the couch. She walked with Brielle to the guest room and she laid her on the middle of the bed, putting pillows on both sides of her. After she stood for a while, she watched her and then she went into the kitchen and reheated the food. She made her and Ben a plate and she grabbed two glasses of lemonade.

She sat them on the table in front of the couch. " Hey Ben wake up. You need to eat something, if she didn't eat then you didn't eat either." Miranda said tapping him.

Ben sat up and rubbed his eyes.He grabbed his plate and Miranda sat down beside him. They ate in silence. Miranda didn't quite know what to say. "You are very quiet Miranda." Ben said putting his fork down.

" I didn't know what to say Ben. Do I say sorry for your lost. Sorry that your baby lost her mother. How was the funeral? I don't know." Miranda said looking over at him.

" The funeral was actually nice. We got her transferred to LA to have the funeral there. So her mother and family could come and they also got a chance to see the baby." Ben said slowly. " I guess this is actually uncomfortable for you sense your husband is grieving the lost of his wife, while his other wife is here on the couch." Ben said chuckling.

" This whole situation has been the most uncomfortable, weird, and messed up, but now it's like on another level. Like God I wanted you back but I didn't know it would be like this." Miranda said.

"Yeah I know what you mean. But I want you to know. That this doesn't change anything with us. We were meant to be. I know you didn't sign up to be a mother with someone else's child especially since you were married to me so I-

"I am happy to have a new addition to our family Ben. She is apart of you. I love you like you are a piece of me, so there for as far as I'm concern she is a part of me." Miranda said cutting him off.

" I don't know what I've done to be so blessed to have you." Ben said grabbing her hand.

" I'm a little scared Ben. I love you. We found each other, we got married and then the car accident. We find each other again and then you are married to someone else and I finally get back on my feet and I have you again…. I just don't want it to blow up." Miranda huffed looking into his eyes.

" I'm scared too. I just don't want to do anything to mess this up again." Ben told her seriously.

"you got me Benjamin Warren." Miranda said grabbing his hands and intertwining their fingers together.

Ben leaned in and kissed Miranda. She instantly moaned into his mouth and scooted closer to him. Ben pulled her into his lap as he continued to kiss and suck on her bottom lip. Miranda paused and leaned back to lift her shirt up over her head, followed with Ben doing the same. Miranda sat up and moved off of Ben so she could take her pants off. Ben pulled down his sweat pants along with his boxers. Miranda threw her legs on either side of his legs, sitting on his lap. She kissed him again and put both of her hands on top of his shoulders. She sat up and reached down grabbing his member and positioned it under her.

" Oh God." Miranda moaned out as she sunk down on top of him. She rocked against him as he brought his hands to her hips to caress her sides. " I missed you so much." Ben said in her ear.

"God I don't think I will ever get tired of this" Miranda said as she breathe in and out fast trying to catch her breath. Ben leaned up and placed his forehead against her. " No need to get tired, we are going be doing this as long as we both shall live." Ben said putting his arms around her waist.

"Speaking of that, I want my wedding band." Miranda said and she moaned looking down. " Uh, wow. You wanna go again?" Miranda said as she felt Ben grow hard, still inside of her from the first time.

"Yeah. The thought of you being my wife, really turned me on." Ben said kissing down her neck.

" Well this wedding, I want a court house and then a cocktail party afterwards." Miranda said as she began to move.

" Anything. You. Want." Ben said kissing across each of her breast.

" I love you." Miranda said.

" I love you more." Ben said looking her into her eyes.