four. probation officer

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 04

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 04. probation officer.゚º⦁ ⃝゚․⦁⋄∘⦿

       "MAZZY, I'D RATHER JUMP OFF A PLANE WITH NO PARACHUTE THAN STUDY IN THE GYM

       "MAZZY, I'D RATHER JUMP OFF A PLANE WITH NO PARACHUTE THAN STUDY IN THE GYM." valorie glared, looking over her textbook at her younger sister who stood menacingly across the table.

mazzy mitchell flicked at the hardcover calculus book that was clutched firmly in valorie's pale hands. she sighed wistfully, wondering why her older sister was an intentional social reject.

"oh, come on, anything's better than using your free period studying in the library like a loser." mazzy scrunched her nose in disgust at her sister. "your boyfriend's playing basketball in the gym."

valorie rolled her eyes, returning them back to her textbook. "he's on trial, not my boyfriend."

"whatever!" mazzy exclaimed, earning a harsh 'shh!' from the librarian behind her desk. mazzy gave a small wave in apology.

valorie squinted. "why do you care so much?"

"i dont." mazzy glanced behind her, forcing a scoff before looking at her sister with pleading eyes. "but flash promised me twenty dollars to get you to come to the gym and watch his stupid basketball scrimmage and this wardrobe doesn't pay for itself!"

valorie watched in annoyance as the youngest mitchell pointed to her outfit in exaggerated passion. she had only worn a simple long sleeve shirt and jeans.

closing her books and balancing them in her arms, valorie stood up, the wooden chair screeching across the hardwood floors. the 14-year-old girl was completely stubborn and valorie simply didn't have the energy to argue with her in a library.

"fine," valorie gave in, trudging past the bothersome teen and towards the double doors that casted a dark shadow over the many rows of old books. "i hope you have a great shopping spree, mazz."

"oh, i will." valorie could hear the smugness in her voice which made her shake her head before exiting the stale room.

dreadfully enough, the gym was literally seven steps away from the library. she could hear the squeaking of shoes and the thuds of basketballs hit the floors even before she entered.