eight. suffocating

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 08

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 08. suffocating.゚º⦁ ⃝゚․⦁⋄∘⦿

      TWO DAYS HAD PASSED since flash "broke up" with valorie

      TWO DAYS HAD PASSED since flash "broke up" with valorie. though they weren't even dating officially when he did, that's how the rest of midtown high took it. it was quite annoying for her, having random students come up to her—congratulating her or giving pity apologies.

the worst part was the sincere eyes telling her one thing but she knew exactly what they meant underneath the condolences: "i'm sorry about the relationship, but it was flash. i don't know what more you could expect from him."

she hadn't interacted with neither peter nor flash in a while and the more time she spent alone, the more she realized she hated it. she felt lost as of late, as if she didn't know what to do with herself without being responsible for her boyfriend.

so she found herself gravitating towards gwen. she had spent more time with gwen in these two days than she had in their entire being of friendship. she couldn't help but attach herself to the blonde, hoping deep down she wasn't being a burden.

of course gwen didn't mind, though. in fact, gwen was much of a loner herself and having someone as close to her as valorie was made her feel a lot better.

the two were walking down the halls, just after sitting through 45 minutes of mr. lanseich droning on about the underestimated use of hydroelectric dams used as a medium for renewable energy. it was days like these she wondered if colleges thought ap environmental science was just as useless as it sounds.

"sometimes i feel like mr. lanseich deserves a break, you know. i mean like, it's already bad enough as is that his wife divorced him recently, now he's stuck teaching about the how shift of wind energy in turbines affect the global transition of fossil fuels because their trip to monaco got cancelled all because she didn't feel comfortable going with him and the kids, oh the kids! i-"

gwen stopped rambling once she noticed valorie was completely zoned out. huffing, gwen followed the brunettes eyes to where her focus was so concentrated.