nine. rich people food

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 09

゚⦁⃝․゚º⚪︎⦁ 09. rich people food.゚º⦁ ⃝゚․⦁⋄∘⦿

      "VAL, HUN, DINNER'S READY IN 10!" valorie's mother, myranda, yelled from outside of the older teen's closed door, knocking as an alert before moving on to her younger sister's room

"okay!" valorie yelled back, though her attention was unwavering from the set of old papers sat in front of her on her desk. though she promised herself she'd stop trying to figure out her father's research, she couldn't help but glance at the few scraps of papers he left behind with hastily written expressions.

there wasn't much to work with, unfortunately. in the midst of the accident, she could only manage recover a few sheets of paper that were scattered across the ground with a broken leg and blood and tears clouding her vision.

looking at the sheet of paper underneath her, focusing in on the faint dried blood splatter at the top right corner of the page, she was unwillingly sucked back into the vicarious details of that night. the rain, the yelling, the guilt when she saw her father's deceased figure lying next to her on the ground, her sobs as the police dragged her away from the scene. not a day went by when she didn't think of him.

she was pulled out of her thoughts by a small knock from her window. with knitted brows, she wiped the few tears that threatened to spill under her glasses before turning towards her window. her curtains were closed but she could make out the shadow of a figure sitting on the fire escape, along with the silhouette of a skateboard peeking behind it.

slowly removing herself from the chair before walking over the plush carpeting to the freshly made bay window, she opened the curtain slightly. she caught a glimpse of peter through the small crack, raising her eyebrows in amusement once he noticed and waved with a wide smile.

she shook her head before drawing the curtain back fully and opening the window. she peaked her head out, looking at him in a daze. "peter? what are you doing here? how did you get up here?"