𝕆𝕦𝕣 𝕆ℂ 𝔻𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 - 𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕀𝕤𝕟'𝕥 ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪

I was born on a cold winter morning

   I was born on a cold winter morning. Snow had just fallen the night before, and it was the start of something new.

I know this because;

A.) I am (was?) a Capricorn.

B.) I was born on New Year's Day. January 1st of 2004.

I died, at age 18, on a hot summer night of 2022. It was yucky. And sticky. And I was murdered by some guy at a college party in the pool. Totally lame. I know.

   There was a whole lot of nothing when I died. You'd think there's be some sort of afterlife. Somebody to welcome you to being dead. Or at least give a heads up that- hey! Yo! You're dead! Oh and by the way it's gonna be even more painfully boring than life was! Bye! 

   But no. It was just a big fat load of nothing.

   Then, suddenly, everything began to get real painful, like a bunch of rubber bands decided to squeeze my body like a watermelon- and suddenly there was light. Bright light- and I heard a bunch of screaming. Which. OW. That hurt my ears. The screaming continued and I went to open my mouth to tell them to keep the DAMN BABY quiet, when I realized my mouth was already open.

   I was the one screaming. I immediately shut it, taking in swift breaths and trying to not have a panic attack. Can babies have panic attacks?? Would it kill my development if I did? Shit-

   I was a newborn baby. Whoever held me passed me off into warm arms and a gentle coo made me blink my clearly eyes. My vision sucked, but I could see a woman with light hair and a gentle, but tired smile. But it was full of love. She reach up and traced along my cheek with a finger and my baby body reacted. A lighting quick hand snatched the finger, and I clumsily squeezed it.

   The woman laughs breathlessly, and leans forward to gently nuzzle my baby head with her nose.

   "My little girl. My miracle. My Amira." She whispered, and I felt my eyes droop. I didn't want to sleep- but honestly, wasn't much I could do. Oh well. I'd think later. Sleep now.

| | | | |

I was born when the roses bloomed. Yellow roses. Roses that smelled so sweet it made my baby head dizzy- in a good way.

I would find out why it smelled like roses. My new family's house was covered in them. Rose bushes were everywhere and there were always some in a vase somewhere.

   I was born when Spring turned into Summer. When the cool breezes turned into hot winds and the gentle sunlight felt like it was spearing your skin.

   In this new life I was a Gemini.

   How ironically fitting.

      Days passed slow. My eyesight got better and better. I managed to figure out how to control my body. Somewhat.