𝕀ℕ 𝕎ℍ𝕀ℂℍ 𝕋ℍ𝔼ℝ𝔼 𝔸ℝ𝔼 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕋ℍ𝔸𝕋 ℙ𝔸𝕊𝕊 ℙ𝕋 𝟚

I had forgotten one part about my friendship with Nonō and Kabuto

I had forgotten one part about my friendship with Nonō and Kabuto. One horrible, sinking, painful part.

The part where they both leave in the end.

I was staring at Kabuto, hands clenching tightly into fists as I dared not look behind him. Where I knew Orochimaru was standing.

"You're leaving." I didn't wince, even though I wanted to, at my tone. Kabuto did, though. He winced. He winced and reached out as if to touch me again. I flinched back, gritting my teeth as a rock settled in my stomach. Fuck. Fuck. Why. Why did I have to get attached. WHY.

"I- Amira-" He stutters and I let out a frustrated scream in my mouth. He widens his eyes, never hearing that sound from me before as I glare bitterly at him- before tackling him in a swift hug.

"I hate you." I sob, gripping the boy who was about to become someone else. "I hate you."

He quickly hugs back, cradling me softly. "I'm sorry. I just-" He swallows and I know. I knew. I dig my fingers into his back one last time before drawing back. "I'm sorry." He rasps, his glasses falling down his nose. Reflexively, I push them back up and he chuffs out a laugh. Turning and digging in his bag, he pulls out a leather strip and grabs my hand. Pressing whatever it was into it, he gives a bashful smile.

"Cause I missed your birthday, right?" I froze, staring down at my hand. I went to open it but he quickly covered my hand again and ignored my watery glare.

"Don't look until I'm gone okay? So I don't see if you hate it." I scoff, wiping my eyes again with my other hand.

"'m not gonna hate it." I mutter bitterly, staring down at the ground. He hugs me one more time (the last time-) before grabbing his bag and leaving. I watch him go helplessly. Hopelessly. Devastated. Nonō comes up behind me with a fake smile on her face (I preferred ones that still had pain but were REAL-) and set a hand on my shoulder.

"Well? What did he get you then?" Her voice was strong, but shaky. I opened my palm, and promptly burst out crying. It was a black leather strand with a silver clasps, and a beautiful blue stone. It was circular and flat, and was a simple stone- looked like aquamarine but I wasn't a stones person- and it was so KABUTO.

That bastard had gotten me a necklace.

Damnit. He was making it so hard to hate him. I couldn't. I couldn't. Not after seeing him laugh like a child and pout at stupid things. Or playing tags until our breaths wheezed and cuddling in the forest. Or when he helped me with my Kanji cause I still sucked. I cried a lot that night, clutching the stone of the necklace around my neck. It fit perfectly in the palm of my hand. That made made me cry harder.

Cried for the precious person I had just lost to darkness.

| | | | |