ONE

Lyric laid in bed sleeping as peacefully as ever. She laid on her bed as if it were a million clouds on a cool summer night, well that was because she had her AC cranked up so that she could wrap herself in her blanket but that’s besides the point.

However, everything good must come to an end.

A loud and obnoxious ring came from Lyrics bedside table.

RIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Her phone had gone off immediately and abruptly woken her up.

“Gosh why did I make that my ringtone” Lyric said muffled as her had was placed in her pillow, but like any other call she went to go check who it was.

Not to her surprise it was one of her best friends, Jade.

Lyric answered her phone, eventually.

Immediately she heard her friend begin to ramble on about whatever was happening to her at the moment or happened. She didn’t quite grasp the idea of what in the world her friend was talking about since her brain hadn't fully woken up yet.

She let her friend finish telling her story before finally asking “hold on, I didn’t actually hear anything you said.”

Lyric could hear her friend sigh on the other end of the phone.

“well to give you a quick recap of what just happened, I am at the festival You didn’t come to, and there was this really cute guy and oooh he was so fine. And well I was dancing, shaking my Shakira hips and he look at me right in the eyes and oooh I feel something within my soul, deep, deep, deep, down from the bottom of my heart- “

“-she flashed him” another voice came from the phone which lyric could make out was her other friend anna.

“Thank you very much anna”

“What but she interrupted me”

“Good”

Jade puffed on the other line as her friends cut her off but moved on.

“Well, I suppose ill let you go back to sleep now Lyric”

“Yes, yes, thank you very much, because remember I HAVE WORK tomorrow” Lyric slightly raised her voice.

“Ok, ok Goodnight” She heard from Jade

“Goodnight Lyric” She heard Anna say this time from the line

“Goodnight you two, don’t stay up to late” Lyric replied to her friends and hung up the phone.

Lyric laid back down, placing her on her nightstand her eyes slowly shutting as she went back into a state of calmness falling back into her sleep.

She shot straight up, the news of her friend FLASHING someone finally hitting her. She reached over to her bedside table grabbing her phone and quickly typing in her friends’ number and heard it ring until she finally picked up.

“I’m still not over the fact that you flashed someone- “Lyric spoke into the phone on a quick breath

“Hold on, I did not flash ANYONE”

“What do you mean you just called me- “Lyric paused as she heard a much deeper voice on the phone, this was definitely not jade, she may have had a British accent, but this, this wasn’t the one.

She checked the number and realized she had entered in one of the digits wrong.

“oh…” Lyrics voice trailed off “I am so sorry for waking you up at … 3:24 am”

“Its no big deal, happens to the best of us” the person on the other line says.

“Oh gosh this is so embarrassing, if I were you I’d probably be cursing myself out dam, wow, why am I rambling now this is more embarrassing gosh- “

“Hey, hey, its fine, don’t worry about it darling”

Lyric got butterflies in her stomach as soon as those words slipped out of his mouth.

“Oh-um-uh-i-ok- well goodnight” seriously lyric you’re this stupid stuttering mess all because of this man’s accent and the word darling, get it together Lyric thought to herself

“Goodnight to you too…”

“Lyric”

“Right, Lyric, Goodnight to you to lyric”

With that the person on the other line hung up and it went blank.

Lyric fell back down on her bed sighing as she rubbed her face

“Man was that embarrassing.”

a/n
Hi lovely people, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it :) And well I don't actually have much to say but I do hope you all have a wonderful day!
-sherlyn💛