TWO

Lyric stood in her kitchen testing out a new recipe with her friends over for dinner.

“Lyric are you serious, you have absolutely NOTHING in your fridge” Jade said as she rolled her head back closing the fridge

“By nothing do you mean I don’t have any liquor” Lyric said lifting up one eyebrow as she whisked the batter in the bowl

“precisely!” Jade said a smile beaming on her face “ Well I supposes ill have to go get some myself, you know as the chef you are you definitely should have some drinks with you” Jade spoke as she walked over to the front door grabbing her keys.

“Hey Anna you wanna come with me” Jade yelled from the front door to their other friend that was sitting on the couch.

“Sure” Anna sprung up from the couch and headed towards the door.

“Do you need anything Lyric” Jade asked from the front door

“Um… no I think I’m all set” She smiled at her friends and watched them walk out the door.

Lyric worked hard double checking, making sure she added the correct measurements of all her ingredients, rolled out the dough for enough time as well as letting it set, this was in fact the first time she was making the recipe and she wanted it to come out perfect, or well at least edible.

She came to a holt when she realized she had run out of eggs for the egg wash to put on the dough before she baked it. No worries however, she dialed Jades number in hope s that she would be able to get her eggs.

“Hey Jade, I was wondering if on your way back, if it isn’t too late could you pass by the grocery store and get some eggs for me” Lyric spoke into the phone as she placed her phone between her ear and shoulder.

“Oh, Id loved to however I have not the slightest idea where you live darling” the voice said back to her from the other end.

Lyric mentally slapped herself. Come on Lyric you did it AGAIN.

“I assume this isn’t Jade but once again the wrong number” Lyric chuckled as she dried her hands on a kitchen towel grabbing her phone and holding it up to her ear.

“You’d assume correctly” the man said laughing it off as well.

“Really sorry about miss calling you again, this is in fact extremely embarrassing” Lyric tried to laugh it off because well she missed dialed the wrong number, TWICE!

“No worries but you know what I’m gathering from all of this is that you just cant get enough of me”

Lyric scoffed “Oh really?”  She questioned the man “I don’t even know you’re name sir”

“Well, if you’re ever so dying to know, my name is Tom”

“Well tom it was very nice talking to you, well in this case misdialing your number once again”

“You know if you want to be friends you could just say so, I don’t bite”

“Yeah, maybe you pounce and scratch and go completely and absolutely berserk, you never know. Some strangers can mislead you, sometimes even people you’ve known for as long you can remember.”

“Well, that is true, however I also believe that if you live life in fear then you’ll never truly live. Life is about taking risk, experiencing Joy, Excitement, livelihood, but along with that comes disappointment, miserableness, and the ever so dreaded sadness”

Lyric stayed quite on the other line finally speaking “You know Tom I was merely here to ask for eggs and here you are giving me an entire philosophy on life”

Tom replied with a chuckle.

“Well, I suppose I have to hang up now and ACTUALLY call my friend for some eggs before this recipe turns out terrible”

“Oh well good luck on the…”

“Bread bowls”

“Bread bowls that you’re making lyric!”

“Haha thank you Tom have a good day”

“You too Lyric”

And with that the call ended and Lyric resumed working on her bread bowls.

a/n
hello everyone!! I hope you enjoyed this new chapter and if you didn't don't say anything because I will cry🤚🏼I also wrote this instead of doing my english assignment haha but anyways have a wonderful day!
-sherlyn💛