SIX

I think it's importent to mention how Lyric really didn't have much of a social life. It's not something to make you feel bad for her, however she truly never really went out. To her it was a miracle that she got out of the house, so she truly had no intention on meeting anyone or getting in a relationship anytime soon.

However once her friends found out about tom, they would not shut up about him.

"Ok but like Lyric, you accidentally met this man and he is so sweet" Jade said following her friend around.

"I don't care Jade, I've never met him I'm not about to go try to be his girlfriend" Lyric said walking around her apartment symbolically trying to run away from her problems.

It's what she did best, if you can't see it then it's not there. Was this healthy? Her therapist said no but she takes it as a mere suggestion.

"Fine" Jade said sighing "If you won't go for him then I guess you'll just have to go out with us"

"no, no, no" Lyric quickly responded to her friend.

"Well why not, all you do is stay home or go to work"

"Well I really have no reason to go out when you think about it"

"Yes yes you do, Lyric your days are gonna pass by and once you realize it boom it's going to be to late"

"What are you guys talking about" Anna said as she walked through the door

"Anna please please help me convince Lyric to go out, and not just as a supermarket run"

"Well I mean if she dosent want to go she shouldn't" Anna said as she placed her jacket on the coat rack

"Thank you" Lyric said throwing her hands up in the air

"However I still want her to go" Anna said as she grabbed Lyrics arm and took her to her room where all three girls proceeded to get ready.

☆☆☆

The three girls stood at the bar waiting on their drinks. After Anna and Jade convinced Lyric to get out of the house they proceeded to get ready, all of course looking amazing.

Lyric had just ordered three shots for her and her friends. She wasn't a big drinking person however she thought she'd use this to shake off her nerves.

All three of them took their shot moving to the dance floor. Lyric hadn't been to a club since probably college  She found them rather obnoxious whether it be because she  was old or because she could think of better ways to spend her nights out.

Nonetheless Lyric still danced with whoever she could find, she wouldn't admit it to her friends but she really was having a good time which didn't matter because her friends could tell anyways.

Lyric was the kind of person that could always keep the feeling in the air positive. She was a homebody and had no shame however on the days that she did go out she brought life to the group and there was no denying it.

She made her way through the crowd as arctic monkeys "R U Mine?" blasted through the club. She slid her way through the crowd trying her best not to bump into the dancing bodies however just as she was making it off the dance floor someone makes their way in front of her causing her to loose her balence and spilling her drink all over herself.

Once she recovers from her daze of embarrassment she realizes that she is now in the arms of the stranger 2 inches away from busting her ass on the dirty sticky bar floor.

She quickly springs up landing back on her feet facing the man.

"Oh wow I am so sorry I didn't see where I was going" The man spoke as he picked up the cup that Lyric had dropped.

"Oh no don't worry about it this place is super crowded it was just an accident-" Lyric stopped speaking abruptly as she recognized the voice. She wasn't sure from where but she had definitely heard it before.

Looking up from patting down her dress she made eye  contact with the man sparks shocking her from head to bottom. This was probably the hottest man she had ever seen. Blue eyes, hair cut short and comed back, tall frame and a smirk plastered on his face that seemed to never come off.

Lyric could only think of how dumbfounded she must have looked just staring at him and quiet frankly kind of weird.

She cleared  her thoat and gatherered herself.

"Um yeah no worries all good" She said chuckling as she could already feel herself making the situation weird.

As she spoke once again she noticed the expression on the man's face change slightly but quickly pulled himself together.

wow lyric you should really take some notes from him

"My names tom" he said stretching his hand out in front of lyric his eyes going up and down.

Lyric noticed this and felt herself heat up in the cheeks.

"Oh well my names Ly-"

"Oh there you are" Lyric heard from behind her. She turned around only to realize that it was none other then her friends Jade and Anna.

She noticed Jade coming over to her in a hurry and Anna following behind her.

She grabbed onto Lyrics arm and dragged her away "We've got to go now the club down the street is giving two free drinks if you get there between 2:00 - 2:15 am and from what I've heard they are the BEST" Jade said as the three friends quickly made their way to the front door.

Lyric looked back at Tom waving him goodbye and giving him a sadden smile as she was leaving him to soon.

a/n
hey everyone sorry about the late update, I thought I'd inform you all on my audition today for the wiz that I flunked humiliating!! I also finished the love hypothesis in 3 days which made me very sad but I hope you all had a good day!!!
-Sherlyn💛