ʚ Chapter 3 ɞ

A/N: Hello friends, I'm back and more determined than before, though I'm not the best at TW's so let me know if I miss anything :)

TW:// Blood + Injuries & Slight Drowning(?)

Was falling supposed to feel this long? Also when did the sun rise?

It's as though all of Dream's thoughts and memories flood through his mind as his body is pulled down by gravity towards the imminent drop. Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Sapnap just a few feet away falling to the same fate.

Clearly, he didn't think this through.

A loud empty thud next to him is the last thing he hears before he finally hits something and is flooded with immense pain, knocking him out cold.

"DREAM!" George cries as he watches his friend fall onto a shallow thorn bush just at the base of the tower. He can see sapnap lying on the ground just a few feet away, unmoving. His heart races as he attempts and struggles to fasten the rope onto the hook and toss it out the window, his eyes blurring as they fill with tears and he sits himself onto the windowsill.

George had already previously attempted to climb down the rope and escape a few times, but only to be caught by the witch and magically teleported back into the tower, Sapnap having no recollection of the escape each time.

He leans forward a bit, balancing himself out as he grabs the top of the rope and hoists himself onto a knot, slowly making his way down as he fights back the tears that threaten to flood his eyes again.

Almost 10 minutes later, his foot touches the ground and he hastily scrambles over to his friend, hands shaking as he's unsure on what to do in this situation. He carefully turns Dream's body over while maneuvering around the thorns surrounding him, lacking the strength to pick him up.

"Dream?" He whispers quietly, voice wavering as he takes in the dirty blonde's appearance. A heavy streak of blood flows down his face from a deep cut running across both of his eyes, a thorn still caught lodged in the side of his face.

George sees Dream's chest rise and fall slowly and sighs from a bit of relief, though his eyebrows furrow as he comes to.

"George?" a strained whisper leaves his mouth. All Dream can feel is hot pain shooting across his body and his face makes him want to cry in agony.

"I'm right here," the brunette responds. His left hand rests behind Dream's neck to support his head while he moves to place his right onto Dream's arm.

"I can't see you," Dream searches for George with his hands and grabs onto his shirt, "Why can't I see you?" George swallows the lump in his throat and attempts to hold back a sob.

"You- you're face got injured pretty badly." He can feel the tear tracks finally fall down his cheeks, "If it weren't for the bush or your armor though, I think the fall would've made it much worse." Dream stays silent.

"I'm so sorry Dream," George clutches onto his armor, "this is all my fault." He breaks down and let's a sob wrack through his body. "I should've been more careful, if it weren't for me this wouldn't be happening-"

"It's not your fault," Dream cuts him off, "I was being reckless-" He's interrupted by a harsh cough. "I should've been more careful. I saw you in danger and the only thing I could think of was jumping in the way." George hiccups and pulls Dream closer.

"What am I meant to do now?" His voice wavers as he continues sobbing. "I don't know how to help you."

"Where's Sapnap?" Dream asks suddenly. He winces as he feels the pain in his face increases for a moment. George lifts his head up and looks over at the witch behind him who remains unmoving.