III. Pleasing Him: "Midnight Ecstasy"

It was a hot Friday summer's night, and Mia was having a Girls' Night rendezvous at the livest nightclub in town called 'The Hot Flame'. Mia spends dreadful hours at her office job, day in and day out, so her two best friends, Ashlee and Haley suggested that they'd take her out on the town for some fun, and Mia agreed, so The Hot Flame it was!

While sitting at the bar, Mia and her friends were sipping on some green apple martinis and catching up on the latest gossip in town -- although, Mia was not the type to gossip. She is the quiet, chill one out of the bunch while Ashlee was the snobby, loud one, and Haley the flirty, feisty one -- but hey! She wanted to have a good time, so why not before she goes back to the office on Monday? All of a sudden, Mia's cell phone ranged in her jeans jacket pocket. Ashlee shouted over the loud music, "You're supposed to be out having a good time with us, so whoever it is, you can call 'em back later!" Mia seen who was calling -- Bruno, her boyfriend.

They met in a coffee shop one day when she accidentally bumped into him and dropped her coffee on the floor while rushing to get to work, in which she was already running late. She profusely apologized, already embarrassed. Bruno accepted her apology, joked at her, and asked if she was ok -- Mia was irritated by his jokes, but she couldn't help but see how attractive he was, so she played along. Before she could hurriedly walk out the door with no coffee in her hand, Bruno gently grabbed her hand and said in a sexy but soft tone, "Wait a minute, darling. I didn't even get your name." Their eyes met, deeply connecting in a matter of seconds. Mia quickly rummaged through her purse for a pen, found one, took it out, grabbed his hand and wrote her name and number down into it. As he stared at his hand, smiling, she responded, "Maybe you can buy me a coffee sometime." She smiled shyly and walked out the door without saying goodbye. He fell in love with her instantly and the rest is history -- 3 months later.

"Oh, it's my baby", bitting her bottom lip. Ashlee rolled her eyes and said, "Oh no. Here we go." Haley sipped her martini and snickered. Mia answered:

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, babe. How are you?"

"I'm good, you know. I wanted to swing by and see you, take you out and spend some time with you since we both been so tied down with work lately."

"Babe, I'd love to, but I'm out with Ashlee and Haley. It's Girls' Night for us at The Hot Flame."

"Ahh fo' real? That explains the loud music in the background then. *lol* I thought I heard Ashlee's loud ass mouth. You know she don't even have to talk, I can hear her anywhere, even in my mind."

*Mia laughed uncontrollably*

"Bruno, stop! You so silly."

"Anyway babe, I'm coming up there to surprise you. No questions asked."

"Mmm...okay. I'll be at the bar."

"Kisses baby."

"Kisses."

They both hung up at the same time. Ashlee scoffed, "What did he want?" Mia responded, "He's coming up here to see me." Ashlee, wide-eyed and surprised, replied, "I know he's not! That explains why you told him we're here at the Hot Flame. He gets on my nerves." Haley looked at Ashlee and said, "Girl, don't be such a hater. Where yo' man at?" Ashlee gave Haley the death stare and said, "Jalen is not even up for discussion." Mia laughed, "Yeah Ashlee, don't be a hater. I'll just be spending time with you two and my man all at once." While finishing her martini, Haley replied, "Plus, I'm ready to hit this dancefloor and possibly find my new man." Ashlee then asked, "Whatever happened to Shawn?" Haley replied, "Girl, he's old news. He went back to his ex last week -- just pathetic." All three friends laughed.