two.

"YOU AND THAT GIRL"

"YOU AND THAT GIRL"

kid put the pieces together on his head. the looks they gave eachother sometimes, the drawings of each monster in the maw, the nomes trying to help, the food (y/n) never ate. it all started to make sense.

"you both are escaping...!" he beamed brightly, the first time (y/n) saw other emotion besides discouragement and gloominess in the maw. it made him feel strange, and he really didn't like feeling strange.

"i swear if you don't lower your voice i'll cut your vocal cords."

"my what?"

"shut up!"

kid apologized, and was shut up again.

(y/n) took a deep breath, his eyes glossed with tiredness and his belly rumbled from hunger, which triggered a rumble from kid too, right, he didn't get to eat that morning. which meant he didn't eat that day.

roger had yet to come back, whoever the fugitive was, they ran pretty fast. normally he was back on his spot within seconds.

"look, we only have a few seconds to talk, so you better listen."

kid complied with the order and didn't even think of muttering another word despite the new, endless questions that popped in his head. he couldn't afford to take the risk anyway, or his- what? coval voards? would be in danger.

(y/n) tried to read kid's face, like he'd read the characters in books did. but christ, those edgy bangs were making it difficult if not imposible, he needed something to take them out of the way.

it's not like he was curious of how kid's face looked, not at all.

some droplets of water fell on their usual spot, making a puddle on the almost ancient wood that matched how kid's back looked, (y/n) would't take his eyes off him and he wasn't sharing stuff to do with the escape, or anything at all. the maw was cold, but it didn't help to dry off that sweat.

finally, after some time, (y/n) growled. like some whiny toddler obligated by their mother to do their daily chores, if kid didn't know he was capable of murdering him, he would've laughed.

"okay." he yawned before continuing "i'll tell you tomorrow, sleepy."

kid forced himself not to groan and pull his hair, (y/n) was going to be the death of him, in one way or another.

sometimes it felt like he was seconds away from being trapped and sent to the kitchen, so the blazing fire of the stoves made him just another piece of meat, ready for being chewed into oblivion by one of the many guests in one of the highest parts of the maw. in those moments where he lost his bravery, he would rather stay behind the daily routine the janitor made the children go through every day (for no reason apparently, as far as he knows everyone in the room is going to die soon and a shower a day is not going to change that) and read in solitude.

books were what lit up the desire of fleeing from that place, he'd seen pictures of how the world outside was, it looked bright, alive. nothing like he'd ever seen before.

he read about bugs, his favourite kind had a strange name and beautiful wings. he'd read about all kinds of proffesions besides chef and janitor: doctors that would only cut open someone to help them and not stuff them with all kinds of condiments, teachers that showed you good things and took you away from the bad ones. and when you want a good laugh? the t.v man would tell you a joke or two while he broadcasted the weather report.

the sun will reach his eyes all mornings, he'll eat whatever he wanted and not the dry bread that never filled his stomach, and he'll finally stop running.

that's what he wanted. and for him to achieve that he needed all the help he could get, that's why he didn't "silence" kid the moment he found out about the plan, that's why he cried for the first time when the girl he had breakfast with offered her assistance.

that's why he'll tell kid all he knows about the maw.

(y/n) closed the book and secured it under his bed, his head didn't process anything he read and he was too tired to try again.

he looked at kid, he was sleeping soundly with the occasional snore coming from his throat, oh how he envied being able to do that.

still, he had to be patient, no reward comes without effort, if he wanted to sleep he would wait until he was out and rest with his companions, maybe friends. if you threatened to cut someone's throat can you be friends anyway? he didn't know. but for now, he'll lay back for a moment and rest his eyes, he worked hard.

——————————

pinches putos pendejos pendejos putos idiotas pendejos (fnaf 2 song its been so long plays as a bg.