Chapter 2 - Mirror, mirror on the wall...✔

Violet was lounging in her secret library reading an old book that was thought to be the original Grimm fairy tales. The dim candle light set shadows dancing across the room and Dracul, the small purple dragon jumped and played with them.

The shadows were real. They had solid bodies and they respected their queen for a long period of time. Even when Violet was a human, she'd always read or play video games the whole night, in the dark, alone. That's why they loved her. She didn't seem scared of the dark or the night. But whenever the wind would howl past her window and make a creaking noise Violet would always say 'fuck it, if they kill me, I'll haunt their asses off before I take my throne in Hell'.

"Dracul, are the shadows that fun to play with?" The girl asked.

Dracul stopped his play time and glanced at his master. He tilted his head to the side and a smile formed on his cute, round face.

"Of couwse they awe. You should twy pwaying with them once!" He said and continued to play with his friends.

Violet smiled as the small dragon giggled like a child. She enjoyed his company very much and loved to listen to his stories about the ancient demons. Violet engrossed herself back into her book, just as something caught her attention.

The flame of the candle on the table in front of her flickered, as if the wind had just blown. She studied it carefully and decided to leave the library and check if she had maybe opened the window in her room and forgot to close it. Dracul only smiled seeing Lucifer's reflection in the distance of the flame. The dragon knew that today, Violet would surely have a good days sleep.

As the girl appeared in her room she saw the window closed and the door as well. She walked over to it and stared out into the snow covered woods. When she woke she thought she saw somebody or some thing in the branches of the tree, but when she took a better look no one was there. Sighing she made her was back to the library.

"Violet..."

Violet abruptly turned to her window and saw nothing. She was confused, because she clearly heard her name being called.

"Violet, my dear..."

The girl looked around her room and saw no one. Well not until her eyes locked with a pair of red ones. She stared at the mirror positioned on her wall with wide eyes. She slowly approached the mirror and touched the reflection of the man she wanted to see the most.

"Lucifer..." She smiled.

The man extended his hand and brushed his knuckles on her soft cheek. He then proceeded to step out of the mirror and Violet didn't even wait for him to be fully out, she hugged him and caught him off guard. 

"I missed you!" She exclaimed.

Lucifer sat on the floor and slowly stroked the girl's long hair. Indeed it has grown longer. He pulled Violet's face back and kissed the girl, erupting a warm atmosphere in the room and the whole house, announcing his arrival.

"My dear, you really did miss me." Lucifer smirked and hoisted Violet up.

He closed the library door and the curtains in her room, before locking her door.

"We need to catch up, don't you think?"

*****

The sound of multiple motorbike engines howled as they died in front of the apartment building. Bogdan leaned through the window to get a better glance and was immediately hit with a cold breeze. He slumped over the window sill and dangled like a dead body.

"Bogdan! You'll catch a cold, if you stay like that any longer!" Mina yelled, pulling the werewolf inside.

"But Minaaa... it's sooo hot!" 

"Stop whining! What do you think Hell is like?" Mina nagged.

There was a buzzing sound coming from the door and Egor walked over seeing three men standing and waiting for the front door of the apartment building to be opened. He recognized one as Famine, a rider of the apocalypse. He immediately pushed the button that buzzed the door open and the men walked inside.

Violet walked down the stairs and looked at Bogdan and Mina who were having something like a wrestling match down on the floor. She looked at Egor and pointed at them, with raised eyebrows. Egor shrugged his shoulders and opened the front door to let the three men inside.

The men's eyes landed on the small girl who was standing in a dark blue men's flannel shirt and nothing else. She blushed and tried to run back up stairs, but a hand wrapped around her waist making her slam into a hard naked chest.

"Master!" One of the three men yelled happily.

"Famine, you've become rather... thin..." Lucifer exclaimed.

The man who looked like an excited dog was tall and skinny. He was almost bone skinny and Violet was amazed by the height of the man named Famine. The two other ones were more bust and she was a bit intimidated by the one who had longer hair and resembled a warrior from the ancient times.

"Riders I would like to introduce you to your future queen, Violet Kennedy." Lucifer said, hugging the small girl to his chest, her back turned to him. He leaned down to her ear and moved the hair from her neck. "Violet, meet the riders of the apocalypse, Conquest, War and Famine."

Violet's eyes widened and she moved back into Lucifer a bit. These were the men that were supposed to kill her. But they were all smirking and Famine ran to hug her. She was crushed in a hug along with Lucifer and the atmosphere became cold as ice, making Violet shake.

"Master don't be a baby! I won't seduce my queen! I'm not Conquest." Famine huffed and moved away from them.

The temperature slowly rose to a bearable heat and Lucifer glared at Conquest. The man only shrugged his shoulders and took a seat on the couch.

"Why are they here, sire?" Egor asked.

He was now back on good terms with Violet, but Lucifer didn't really like how close they were.

"To protect, my dear Violet."

"Protect me from what?" Violet looked up at his face.

"Angels."