Chapter 11 - Sin eater has a back story?✔

The girls and Violet flew after the fleeting sin eater, while Luca and Egor went to look for Lucifer. He had left Violet to go with the riders and angels somewhere unknown.

"Violet look!" Mina yelled, pointing at the big three headed dog a little further in the front. "Cerberus got him!"

"Wait!" Violet got hold of Mina's wing, making her dangle in the air.

Everybody stopped and looked closer at Cerberus who was lost. He did not find the sin eater nor was he picking up his scent. He was having a hard time orienting himself and only caught the girls scent a little while later. He turned his head to their direction and Violet flew before him, caressing his soft black fur.

"What seems to be the matter Cerberus?" The girl asked him.

"He vanished into mid air." One of the heads barked out.

"He is gone my queen." The other said.

"We have lost all trace of him." The final head said making everyone stiff.

How could Hell's greatest nose loose a sin eater in this dimension, or any other at that matter?

*****

"Balthazar! Come on!" A beautiful blonde haired girl yelled for her friend.

"Wait up Lucille!" A small young man yelled after the girl.

"I don't want to be late!" The girl stomped her feet. "Today is the day that the king finally chooses his queen!"

"I know. But still you shouldn't run around Lucille. Limbo is not a safe place. You know a hole to the fire can open any minute anywhere."

"I know... I'm sorry big brother."

"It's okay." Balthazar patted the girl on the head. "Shall we?"

The girl nodded and they both headed to the town square. Demons from all the small corners of Hell gathered at the big town square known as Limbo. Lost souls lingered in the air as bells sounded in the far distance as a cavalry arrived.

Leading the cavalry was Conquest followed by War and Famine. They trotted down on their horses and stopped before the gathered demons. A man of other worldly beauty rode proud on a shadow horse. His thick black hair represented his dark magic as his red eyes glowed in the brightest shade of ruby stones. Lucille was entranced by the man, just as the other female demons were.

The man stopped right in front of the crowd and his eyes flew over the people. His eyes were sharp and they were looking for something in particular. The moment Lucille's pearl grey eyes met with the man's ruby red ones time seemed to stop for both of them.

"Attention low life scums of Limbo!" Conquest yelled out. "Today our king shall choose his queen. You are not to interfere in his decision in any way! Understood?!"

The demons nodded as the black haired man, dismounted his horse. He elegantly walked towards the blonde haired girl. The demons made way for their king and he glanced at the man next to her.

"Greetings young demon." The man addressed Balthazar. "May I ask your name and race?"

"Greetings my king, I am Balthazar the sin eater." Balthazar bowed. "This is my sister, Lucille."

Lucille bowed as did her brother, making the king move closer and gently hook his finger under her chin. He pulled her up to her feet and smiled at her.

"Do not lower your head my queen. It is not appropriate for someone of your status." 

Balthazar's eyes widened, while Lucille blushed and smiled.