ɪɪ. ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛꜱ ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏꜱᴇ

Requested by AuroraPotter14

Rora, when you requested this, I didn't understand what you meant: Losing interest in the story you're writing OR people losing interest in the stories you're writing. So, I'll just cover both!

1. Losing Interest In The Stories You Write

Honestly, I'm not sure if I speak for everyone, but I find myself losing interest in the stories I write a lot. Sometimes, it's because I'm not writing for myself. I'm not writing what I want to write, but I'm writing what people want me to write.

"Changing who I am for who you wanted me to be"

( Tell me you got that ref, please

So, my first tip to you would be:

1. Write for yourself. Don't write because someone wants you to write on a particular topic. Taking writing suggestions is okay, but don't let it change what you're writing completely on the basis of some suggestion.

2. Don't change your style because it isn't popular. Your writing style is unique, and don't suffocate it. Write the way you generally write, because changing your writing style will, you guessed it, result in terrible work.

3. If you're slowly losing interest, re-read the whole book, from beginning to end. Every single detail, you've got to read. Now, as you read, PLAN. Write deeper in between the lines, make connections and depths you can't make as you're writing. 

Now, integrate those depths into your plotline, and voila! It becomes more interesting for you to write since you're technically keeping a little secret that nobody can guess. And I bet at least some of you all know the giddy excitement that comes with keeping a surprise a secret.

4. REVAMP. I cannot stress this point enough. In case you ever find yourself falling into the deep, dark pits that many people call, 'losing inspiration for writing', then just take some time to revamp. Change the plot a bit, and COMPLETELY change the writing. Add some depth, maybe, and give it some novelty. That'll make it much more interesting for you to write and for your readers to read.

For instance, I write a paragraph, "Cold concrete pressed across my back as warm tears ran down my rounded cheeks. The memory of her eyes still haunted me, fluttered in front of my eyes in their hazel green shade, filled with warmth. 

But the words that escaped those lips that had often been on my skin were chilly. 'You were the reason I died.' "

Now, when I tell you to revamp and rewrite it, I mean making a few little changes. 

"I leaned against the windowsill, the cold breeze of the night made goosebumps rise on my skin. Cigarette ash lay scattered across the floor, and I held one in my long and nimble fingers. The smell of tobacco floated into my nose, my mechanism to stop the tears from falling. To stop the dam inside me from breaking beyond repair, and to prevent it from leaving me a shattered woman.

But I was not the one to blame for this broken condition of mine, for it was all the fault of those hazel eyes with specks of green that I would never see again because of my own mistake. A mistake for which neither I nor she could forgive me for."

See what I meant? Not exactly changing the plot, but changing the scene and the way of writing said scene. Lengthening it somewhat, since that makes it much more descriptive. 

That was all I had to give you, I hope this helped you!

Now, let's move on to the next part.

1. How to stop readers from losing interest in your stories.