ɪᴠ. ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ, ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ

Requested by -marvabell-

Thanks, Stacia, for requesting this. I got to push it up the priority list because of that, and now I'll have fun with this. 

For starters, I have a long name. My real name is 18 letters and 2 spaces long ( Yes, I have a first name, a middle name, and the last name, problem? ) and I absolutely HATE that. Look at it this way: You're giving a character a long name, and neglect to mention the problems they'll face as a result of that name.

1. They'll be teased by other people. I, for instance, spent my entire childhood being called, 'rice', and trust me that it's not good for a person's self-confidence. 

2. People won't be able to pronounce their names correctly. Another problem I faced as a girl with a long-ass name: Nobody pronounces it right. I always get something so far away from my real name, and it pisses me off. 

3. They'll have too many names for people to care about. While I honestly didn't face this problem, your character definitely will. Kids and teens are cruel to their peers, so their names will 100% be made fun of. 

So, please don't name your character something of the likes of, 'Strawberry Banana Chocolate Pastry Cadbury.' It will suck for both the reader and the character. 

Honestly, here's my tip for naming your character: Think of your character as your brainchild. I would say child, but in your child, you'd have to do a lot of work such as changing smelly diapers. 

Now, think of what you would like to name your real child. You'd want to give your child a realistic name, now, wouldn't you? 

Here's a list of names for girls, boys, and unisexual names.

Girls Names:

Lillian

Olivia

Emma

Ava

Charlotte

Sophia 

Amelia

Isabella

Mia

Evelyn

Harper

Camila

Abigail

Luna

Selena

Ella

Elizabeth

Layla

Penelope

Tina

...And many more

Boys Names:

Liam

Noah

Oliver

Elijah

James

William

Benjamin

Lucas

Henry

Mason

Ethan

Daniel

Jacob

Levi

Sebastian

Mateo

Jack

Owen

Theodore

Aiden

...And Many More

Unisex Names:

Bellamy

Charlie

Dakota

Denver

Emerson

Finley

Skyler

Kai

Elliot

Hunter

Avery

Briar

Dallas

Gray

Haven

Indigo

Morgan

Onyx

Robin 

Rory

...And Many More

I honestly just name my character after crawling around through baby name websites for a while. I even find that sometimes, you can give your character a name that is important to the plot. Make it up if you can't find it ( Te-hee-hee Lorelle

If you want to look for last names or first names that are particular to some nationality or religion, just go to google and search, '[nationality name] last names/first names'. That's what I do. 

In conclusion, don't give your character names that are too long, because there are a lot of complications attached to that. I hope this chapter helped you!

Adhara here, over and out!