4. Percy loves Blue Food

{-} Leo {-}

  If Leo could choose between being a wizard or being a demigod he would, without doubt, choose being a wizard.

  Like wizards don't even have to worry about a monster attack every five minutes! And they could do almost anything with their wooden sticks.

  But the best thing about being a wizard was the candies and treats they had.

  After the trio left and Nico went to the bathroom, this lady carrying a bunch of candy on a cart came in front of their compartment.

  "Is that..." Percy's eyes widened when he saw the cart outside "CANDY!!" he roared as he ran towards the lady with the cart.

  Leo ran after him but before they could open the door Annabeth grasped their arms. "Oh no you two wont. We don't have any wizard money."

  "Actually, we do," Piper raised a wallet filled with gold, silver and bronze coins.

  Before Annabeth could say another word Percy snatched the wallet from Piper's hand and stepped outside the compartment. "You got and blue candy?"

  After some complications with trying to pay the candy lady (wizard money is different from American money) the five of them started experimenting with the candy.

  There were living, jumping, chocolate frogs which Leo didn't take a fancy to as the first one they opened jumped on his face.

  Also, there were these jelly beans which were different flavored. When saying different flavored Leo meant literally different flavored. Like when Jason tried a yellow one he said that it tasted like cheese.

  They were all having fun until Nico returned.

  "Harry saw my sword," Nico blurted out as he entered the compartment.

  Everyone stopped doing what they were doing and turned to Nico.

  Nico recounted to the others that a bunch of spirits were whispering to him when he first saw Harry. He came up with the excuse of going to the bathroom so that he could silence them. When he found somewhere private he sensed someone watching him so he pulled out his sword and realised that it was Harry. 

  "Did you hear what the spirits were saying?" Percy said, clearly worried about Nico.

  Nico shook his head. "As I said, they started when I saw Harry, I don't know why."

  Leo frowned. "But why did Harry even follow you in the first place?"

  Nico shrugged unhelpfully.

  "Well," Jason said, "if Harry asks something about the sword we should tell him that American wizards carry swords for protection. If he doesn't say anything we stay quite."

  The others nodded grimly.

{-} Nico {-}

  Nico stopped cold when he saw the creatures that carried the carriages that led to Hogwarts.

  They radiated death. Nico tried to remember what they were called. He was pretty sure his father had mentioned them before.

  Thestrals.

  "They're beautiful," he murmured as he went towards one.

  He stroked it's skeletal body gently.

  The pegasi at Camp Half-Blood didn't like Nico, according to Percy they said that he smelled like death. But these didn't seem to mind him, in fact they nuzzled him Some of the other Thestrals even invited him to stroke them. He couldn't talk to them like Percy did to horses but he sort of understood them from the way they moved their bodies. Now Nico understood why Hazel liked horses.

  Nico could feel the stare of the other wizards on him, he even heard them whisper to each other under their breath but he didn't care.

  Piper cut him out of his trance. "Hey Nico, we should go, the other carriages are moving."

  Nico climbed on the carriage with Percy and Annabeth while Leo, Piper and Jason went on the one in front of them. They slowly made their way towards Hogwarts.

{-} Harry {-}

  "The others are alright, but that di Angelo boy is mental," Ron shook his head as he watched Nico stroking the horses in front of a carriage.

  Harry had just explained to them what had happened on the train.  

"But how could Nico bring a weapon to Hogwarts, shouldn't Dumbledore know?" Hermione asked.

  "Maybe Dumbledore doesn't know. And if Nico has a sword, his cousins and even their friends might have one," he said in hushed tones. He glanced at Luna, hoping that she wasn't hearing them.

  "Why would they even be carrying them? Hogwarts is safe so they don't have to worry about being attacked," Hermione continued.

  Harry stayed silent. Those skeletal horses still bothered him, he never had seen them before today. Maybe the Americans had something to do with them? But how could he and Luna see them while Ron and Hermione couldn't?