20. Magnus Glows Like a Lightbulb

{-} Nico {-}

  Nico's head hurt like hell. He couldn't even remember what had happened.

  He opened his eyes slowly, black spots danced around the room. Nico could make out the shape of Will Solace's face.

  "Seriously, I arrive and you pass out?" Will complained.

  Will was here? But how-

  Sudden memories of what had happened came rushing to Nico. That cloak Percy gave to Harry-

  Nico sat up abruptly on his bed. He was in the Slytherin dorm, laying on his bed. Next to his bed was Will, and leaning on the wall on the other side of his bed was Magnus. The peculiar thing about him was that he was glowing.

  "Hi," Magnus said as if he wasn't aware that he was glowing.

  "You're dead," Nico blurted. That was the only response that had immediately came to his head when he saw him.

  Magnus frowned. "No 'thank you for saving my life, Magnus,' you just say 'you're dead?'"

  "But how are you- Wait you saved my life?!" Nico exclaimed.

  Will grimaced. "You were literally fading, Nico, just like during the Giant War. If it wasn't for Magnus-" Will paused deciding not to continue that sentence. "Do you have any idea why you passed out?"

  Nico bit his lower lip. "That cloak. I-it gave off this sudden aura, the exact same one Thanatos gives off. It was so powerful. I have no idea how Harry got his hands on it."

  "Is Thanatos another Greek god?" Magnus asked. The glow coming out of his body faded a bit. At least now he didn't like a bright light bulb.

  Nico nodded. "Uh- also two questions. Why are you glowing and how did you two enter the Slytherin dormitory without the password? That's not allowed."

  Magnus smirked. "I glow whenever I heal someone. I have no idea why though. And to answer your second question, we haven't been sorted into those house things yet, so Piper told us the password and we snuck in. Luckily no one was in here. Alex is staying on guard outside the Common Room, just in case anyone tries to come in. Actually, I'm quite worried for those who keep on insisting to enter the Common Room."

  "Hazel insisted on coming too," Will added. "But we were supposed to go talk to the Headmaster of the school. Magnus and I had to help you of course, so we couldn't go and Alex... well, she was the best one for protecting the Common Room."

  "She? Isn't Alex male?" Nico asked while pulling off the bed sheets.

  "I'm female, till now," said a voice coming from the dormitory entrance.

  Nico turned his head to find a scowling Alex, holding a bottle of guava juice.

  "I'm gender fluid. Use the pronouns she/her till I tell you so, thank you very much," Alex stated, coming next to Magnus. She glared at Nico as if challenging him to disagree.

  Nico had no idea how it didn't occur to him that Alex was gender fluid. It might've been because he barely had a good look at her. Now that Alex had told him that, he could see how she looked a bit female-ish. One of her bangs was pulled back by a black pin so that it didn't cover her face. She was also wearing a pink and green argyle sweater-vest over a white tee. Both of those colours showed that Alex might've not been male at that moment.

  "Sorry," Nico muttered. "I didn't know."

  He was now feeling aware of the three taller persons looking down at him so he decided to try getting out of bed.