13. Harry becomes a Professor

{-} Ron {-}

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group and club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Education Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor.

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" Ron heard a a second year ask his friends.

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly.

Education Decree Number Twenty-four was bad news. Umbridge knows that they made a group. But how?

"I don't think we're going to be as lucky, thought, do you?" he asked Harry who was still dumbstruck with what he just read.

"This isn't a coincidence," Harry said, his hands forming into fists. "She knows."

"But how?" Ron wondered out loud.

"The Americans," Harry replied immediately. "They must be working with Umbridge."

Ron shook his head. "Why would they be working with her? She doesn't want her magic to be taken away."

Harry seemed to be taking the matter of the Americans too seriously. Like whenever something bad happens he always blames it on them.

"I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet," Harry said looking round at the girls' dormitories.

"Let's go and tell her," said Ron, going towards the dormitory and opening the door.

Exactly when he stepped on the sixth stair there was a loud sound. The steps melted together, making a stone slide.

Ron tried to keep running, then he toppled over backwards and shot down the slide.

After meeting some giggling fourth years, making him feel more ashamed, Hermione slid down the new slide.

Ron got up and folded his arms angrily. "How come you can go in the boys' dormitory and we can't go in yours?"

"Well, it's an old-fashioned rule," said Hermione, "but it says in Hogwarts: A History, that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls." She smirked. "Why were you trying to get up there, anyway?"

"To see you- look at this!" said Ron, dragging her towards the notice board.

She frowned while reading the notice. Her expression became stony.