Chapter 1

Life is fragile and unpredictable.

All it takes is a wrong turn of the wheel, the misplacing of the foot, a loud bang, then a white flash.

And everything that mattered is gone in an instant.

I willed everything to be a dream, a horrible nightmare or an eerily real computer game where the opening of the eyelids or the restart button could undo everything.

But Life doesn't have a rewind button, nor a temporary restart.

And that's how I found myself in a desolated corner of the bar, drinking and abusing my body as much as I could, asking for a memory lapse and hangover tomorrow morning, maybe in a strangers bed as a bonus.

I know that this is asking for trouble, but ever since they left, my life didn't even have trouble anymore, let alone caution.

Anyone can do anything to me as long as it lets me wake up and see the world for even a second, whether it's from pain or pleasure.

"Hey babe, you look lonely."

My lolling head snapped up at a neck breaking speed, clumsy hands swept the drink off the table in an attempt to stable myself and look at the owner of the familiar, deep, silky voice.

"Ngh, Sas-" my voice faltered as my vision cleared. Who was I kidding?

"You sound like you're waiting for someone. Why did your boyfriend ditch you here?" The stranger swept his sunny blond hair back with a pale, sculptured hand. His blue and black eyes, one of which must be a contact, held a mischievous yet kind glint. When I didn't answer, he sighed and dropped into the high chair next to me.

Blue...cerulean, like his eyes.

Black...obsidian, like his eyes.

With a throaty gurgle, I lunged at the stranger, but my hands miss his neck and I fell unceremoniously into his lap.

"Geeze girl, never knew you were that eager," he chuckled.

"Who are you?" I gasped as soon as my sleeping legs could hold my weight.

"Is it the new rule that a cool name is compulsory when getting into someone's pants?" He replied, witty and sharp. This was him, the boyfriend whose words could cut deeper than the sharpest knife in the world.

"It's you, you came back," I cried, not giving a damn about the mascara running down my face.

"Woah, racoon queen, no need to be melodramatic,"

This was him, the brother who could always make me laugh after an argument.

"You, my place, now," I grabbed his shirt and dragged him outside.

"Hey, what's your name?"

As an answer, I kissed him.

"You're alive.., you're both alive...narut...o...sas...uk...e," I whispered in his mouth.

"My name is..." He pulled away, trying to tell me the arbitrary, trying to break my fantasy.

"I think I already know your name," I smirked and we stumbled into my car.