Chapter 6

"So, honeycakes, may I have an explanation as to why me and your father has to wait until twelve thirty for you two to be home?" The devil's sugar-coated voice rendered me unable to speak. The seven years old me could only look to my nine-year-old brother, whose lips was in a tight, determined line when his hand holding mine was sweaty and trembling. Our father was trying, and failing to hide his old belt behind his back. I often imagined that if one bothered to look hard enough, they could see small flecks of dry Uzumaki blood.

"You two good for nothing, shitheads and absolute fucks, last named after your weakass bitch of a mother," some part of me marvelled at how my stepmother could get all that out in one breath, "get your asses into your room!" 

I was the one who grabbed Naruto's hand, turning a blind eye to his seething anger and ran into our parent's room.

***

"Babyyy~"

"Get the hell off me you absolute fu-"

I was silenced by a forced kiss. While my mouth was actively spitting out curses, the rest of my body was limp on the bed, arms bent at angles and legs tangled under me like a rag doll tossed aside.

"Don't be that way," he cooed, and if I was still functioning, I would have punched the daylights out of him.

"Or I'll have to trim our rose to get her in order again," his voice lowered dangerously, and a sense of dread crept up on me.

"Get off me!" I jumped off the bed with unexpected power, surprising him and myself and ran outside. The moonless night sky outside offered no shelter or cover while I ran blindly across the pitch black living room and threw open the balcony sliding doors.

"If you come any closer," I hissed, like a caged animal, "I swear I won't even think once about jumping."

"But can you really let go of me? Of Sasuke? Of Naruto?" The doppelgänger stood at the door. My knees weakened at their names.

"See? You're in no condition to leave me. I'm your medicine," he whispered, the same indigo eye that once assured me now gleamed like the dirty tip of a syringe.

"Naruto," I cried, sliding to my knees. He took a step closer.

"No! Stay the fuck away," I stood back up and threw a bare leg over the ledge. I should have thought to throw on something before running out. I let out a brief, bitter laugh as I imagined the old ladies who like to exercise in the morning discover a naked body on the concrete pathway.

"Come back, I need you," he insisted, pale fists clenching.

***

"Come back, I need you," Sasuke kneeled on the ground. Despite his ego not letting him cry, his onyx eyes were filled to the brim with tears.

"Why, then? Why?" I muttered, a hand holding a piece of paper and a passport in my hands, the other hand gripping the balcony ledge.

"It was a misunderstanding!" I was barely given a warning before he tackled me onto the cold ground, my arms waving wildly. The piece of paper and passport flew off the balcony in my place.

"Why? Why are you so stupid?" he scolded, all while holding me tighter.

"I...I didn't know what to think!" I bursted out crying like a baby; I hated myself for being so weak.

"Karin forced herself on to me, ok? No one will replace you in my heart," he whispered, stroking my brunette hair, "don't give me that look because I felt you push yourself off the balcony into me."

With a small sigh, I turned myself over to face those eyes that were the colour of the midnight sky and smiled.

***

"Why, then? Why?" I asked, balancing myself on the leg swung over the ledge.

"Because..."

"Because...?"

With a dark look, he turned so that his bare, pale back faced me. Hot, white anger rolled over me until I couldn't see anything. All I knew was that one, this was not Sasuke or Naruto and two, this human being does not have the right to treat me like an animal or a sex toy.

"Look at me."

At this point, I don't even know what to call him anymore. His strangely coloured eyes widened as he saw me climb off the ledge and stalk towards him like a predator.

"G...get away! I'll call the police!" his determination turned into fear, the delicious scent rolling off him in waves. I licked my lips, fangs flashing like a wolf.

The animal wakes. 

"Go, I dare you," I snarled and lunged for him just as he ran inside the house.

"Hello? Is this nine-one-one? My girlfriend is-MPMH!"

Doppelgänger (SasukexOC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें