Dix-neuf

Maria's POV:

"Like I said, Messi is better than Ronaldo." I said for the the 9th time since we go here.

"And like I said, Ronaldo is a better player." James argued.

"Can we just agree on the fact that they're both good players?" Liz who doesn't even watch football and yes it's called football and not soccer, said trying to make peace and end this conflict.

"No." We both said in union.

"Hades tell him." I whined. I need as much public opinion and support as I can get.

"Yeah, Alex. Tell her how your best friend since forever is right." Said this dumbass of a man.

"Man I don't know, I don't even watch soccer. Plus, can't we focus on the new generation? Halaand and Foden are good as well." Who cares about the new ones?

"Shut the fuck up. You ignorant sad excuse of a human being. I thought I made you watch enough matches to back me up in case James ever brings something like this up." I rolled my eyes.

"Damn, sorry to disappoint." He replied.

"It's okay, even though you're a useless nothing but a disappointment, ugly ass, smelly ass boyfriend I'll still love you." I said smiling.

"Wow thanks, that totally made me feel better." He sarcastically said turning his phone on to see what time it was.

"You're Welcome." I gave him a small smile before turning to my one true enemy. "So, Where was I? Oh yeah. You know that one great football player who always has his oily hair in a lie bun and has this unconnected beard and mustache?"

"Ibrahimovic?"

"Yeah yeah, that one. Even he said that Messi is better." I said smirking at him. He knows I pulled a strong card on him.

"Bullshit."

"I swear! When he was asked in an interview he said that he prefers Messi because he thinks Messi is a natural." Suck my dick bitch. "Search it up if you don't believe me" I added shrugging my shoulders.

"Whatever, Rolando is still better." Sure he is.

"Aww don't be a sore loser Seabass. It's an honor to lose against me."

"Of course your highness. I am very honored." I love him.

I'm so surprised how we never talked before. Elizabeth never brought him up and they seem like close friends. Oh well, glad I got to know him. I get the satisfaction of seeing him in pain, and the face expressions he makes when he loses a bet or an argument.

"What can I get you guys?" A young girl who looked around sixteen years old asked holding the note book and pen in her hand.

Everyone said their ordered, she wrote them down and looked at me for a brief moment as in to ask me to tell my order. "Can I get your famous waffles and in addition to that I want tea with extra sucre please." I said pride visible on my face, I finally remembered a French word that Hades taught me. Yay me.

It didn't last long though, the girl looked at me again. "Sugar! With extra sugar please." I said quickly. I could feel my ears and face lit up. I'm pretty sure I was as red as a tomato right now.

Well that's embarrassing.

"What was that?" Liz asked hiding her laughter at the embarrassment I caused myself just now.

"French for sugar. I've been teaching her French. In return, I get... nothing."

"You're making it sound worse than it is." I said cutting the bullshit act he was making. Motherfucker wants to make the public opinion on his side by making him seem hopeless and a nice guy.

In case you're not getting what I mean by the public opinion, each one of us is a president and a fellow average citizen at the same time. After each month, we all decide who's the most miserable president in the friend group. We vote for that person and they get a money prize. Because money is always the answer to misery.

"Sure he is. You are cruel! I only heard him speak French thrice in my life. What you're not paying for is luxury for me." Said James defending his buddy. Pity party.

"Oh please. He lost a bet, he had it coming. Plus, after 2 lessons or so I gave up but he insists on teaching me the basics, which I'm having a very hard time learning by the way." I inhaled after realizing I needed air to breath. "He wants to do this. Why should I pay him?" I'm such a good president.

"Don't worry bro, I'll pay you instead. All your hard works is being unappreciated. You are a king, remember that." What?

"Liz say something!" I whined. "Shut up, I'm focusing on my food right now. I heard that if you don't pay attention while eating and put all your focus into what you're eating, you will eat more and get fat. And the latter I don't want to be." What?

What a strange friends I have.

"I don't where you saw that or who told you that but they're lying. Ain't no way. I eat while scrolling and watching tv and look at me! People say I'm skinny even though I don't work out." I "tried" to make her feel better.

"That's because you have fast metabolism! I've seen you eat enough Mc Donald's to feed a family of six and haven't gained any weight. I swear I can drink water and all of the sudden I'm 400 pounds." She said frustrated.

"Damn, that's though." Was all I said because I don't know how to make people feel better. You can use what I said above as an example.

"You know, I always thought you were the better looking friend when we were in high school. And to be honest, I still do." I said honestly.

"Really?" She asked surprised. "Yeah, whenever you would invite me to hang out and go shopping I wouldn't want to join remember? It's not because I was busy, but because I was insecure and jealous. I would always think you looked better and more attractive, no matter how hard I tried to dress better, no matter how much makeup I put on. You always looked better. So if you ever talk negatively about yourself in front of me again I will punch you and ruin your pretty face."

"Really? Ria I had no Idea. I'm sorry you felt that way." She apologized.

"No need to be sorry, I was an insecure teenager at the time. I'm over it now. I was long time ago, when I realized I actually am so much hotter than you. And with a better more interesting personality."

"Yessir you are." She laughed.

He truth is that all of what I said was bullshit. I still think she's better and hotter and more attractive, I still feel like the Duff. I have clothes of my own but I borrow hers to maybe, just maybe, be as confident and fearless and she is.

"Well.. that was nice." James ruined the moment. As expected.

"Look at my lips, you're ruining it, ruining it. And Messi is a better player. Suck my dick" I said bringing the same subject as before.

"Sure thing." What?

"That's gay bro. Why would you ever want to suck a dick?" Acting homophobic is so easy when you're part of the LGBTQIA+ community.

"I wouldn't mind." Said Hades randomly. "Dab me up bro, that's what I'm talking about." James was getting a little too excited for my liking. Sus.

"What can I say? Being a man requires hating feminine things." He added.

Fuck me.

Author's note:

Not the longest chapter but it is what it is. My phone's dying, it reminds of me mentally.

I love how I made an AN about not being able to write anything and then publishing a chapter not 3 hours later.

Apparently talking about what you're struggling with helps you fix it. Who knew lol.

I find it funny that I personally like Ronaldo better but wrote a chapter dedicated to how Messi is better.

No can figure  me out istg 💀

I have to pee so bad.

Anyways.

Drink your water and get enough sleep <3

Take care of your mental health love ❤️

Words count: 1394