nine- furry friends

niall

3 months later

"I honestly don't know what tah get 'er mate." I grumbled setting down the coffee. Skylar and one and a half year anniversary was coming up over the weekend and Rylee had hinted in that she was planning something big.

"Get her a plant." Louis shrugged. Liam stopped chewing and shot him glance. "What."

"Yanno like those 'Chia' plants that have grow green stuff to make it look like hair." He nodded to himself, looking at Liam and I and taking a sip of his beer. "That is so stupid Louis. Why would he get Skylar a plant for their anniversary?"

"I dunno lee-yum. Maybe Skylar want's a pet to take care of-"

"Hold on there. That's...brilliant." I exclaimed. Liam raised an eyebrow at me. "Skylar has always said she wants a puppy right? Well now is the perfect time don't ya think?"

Louis smirked and folded his arms across. "You owe me five bucks jackass." He nodded to Liam. Liam groaned and slapped the bill into his open palm and continued devouring his breakfast. The knock on the door was followed by the key card sliding in and out of the lock and the door opening to reveal Harry and Skylar walking in with bags and bags of clothes from their early shopping trip.

"Hey boys," She smiled and threw them on the chair and kissed me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her into me as a set my beer down on the counter. "Lou told me that she is gonna be here around 6, so that should give all 5 of you enough time to shower.

Liam was the first to make his way upstairs to get in the shower, followed by Harry soon after because of how long he takes to get ready. I took another sip of my beer and peeked into one of the bags Skylar sat down. "What have ya got t'ere love?"

"Hey! No peeking." She laughed and grabbed the bag. She hid it behind her body as she quickly walked to the stairs backwards then rushed to hide it in our room. I laughed to myself then quickly pulled out my phone. I googled the nearest SPCA. It was 3 hours away.

I groaned and slumped against the counter. Louis peeked over the phone and blew through his puffed up cheeks. "That's really far away mate. Aren't some for sale around here?"

"Our safest bet is to get one from a shelter. We are in a boy band Louis."

"Riiiiiighttttt."

skylar

I ran into our room and threw open the chest in front of our bed. I stuffed the bags in there and made sure Niall wasn't standing behind me. The plan was going to work perfectly. Paul and Ned would take the boys to the twenty one pilots concert with Lou and after, they would take Niall to his surprise.

I had bought a tight red dress from H&M and black heels from DSW which I am sure Niall was going to love. I went into the shower and switched the water on while getting undressed. I washed my hair and did my thing and quickly turned off the shower. My scar from my surgery was my skin tone now, barely even a little pink. I slipped on some underwear and switched on my hair dryer when Rylee came busting into my room.

"Skylar I called the guy from the docks to make sure he knew we where coming and he said he rented the boat out to someone else already-" She stammered.

"What?!" I gasped and walked towards her while taking the phone. "Sir my name is Skylar Poole and I already paid and reserved for that boat."

"Sorry ma'am but there is no record of you ever calling here so I rented the boat to someone else for the day. Are you sure you even called-"