five- its a date

// s k y l a r \\

"Where exactly are we going at 11:00 at night?" I asked, looking at my fiancé. He was bopping his head to the best of some new hip-hop song. He glanced at me and cracked a smile, resting a hand on my leg. "You'll see ma love."

I groaned and threw my head back. "No place is open Niall. Why don't we do this tomorrow?"

He gawked at me. "Are you backing out of our date Ms. Poole?"

"No." I quickly said, bursting into a fit of giggles while grabbing his hand. "I just have no fucking clue what you're doing."

"Well good thing I do." He said in a sing song voice. The streets where bare, lamps lighting up the road. All the shops looked closed, except for a small restaurant on the corner of the street.

"What is this place?" I asked, climbing out of the car. Niall slammed his door and ran around to close mine, grabbing my hand.

"Francesca's," he said smiling. "It's tah closest thing I could find to that little Italian place we went for our first date."

"That seems like a lifetime ago," I gawked. A waitress was waiting for us and she lead us to a table in the middle of the place. Red christmas lights hung from the ceiling, and the floor was covers in cobble stone.

"Happy 1 year anniversary," Niall said and kissed my cheek, grabbing both my hands.

"You remember the night we met," I said grinning. Sometimes I don't know how this boy could remember so much detail about the first unofficial date we went on.

"How could I forget? Yeh were wearin' yer bloody jean jacket and ya had bags under your eyes, your hair was frizzed and there was a smudge of dried blood on yer cheek." He chuckled and reached across the table, grabbing my hand. "And you never looked more beautiful."

I smiled and looked down, embarrassed. "I'm so glad I had enough courage to hug you."

"So am I," he gushed, rubbing circles on my hand. The waitress came over poured us some water, scurrying behind the counter. There was another couple in here, but they were older and seemed to be talking about business, so they didn't notice us. About 15 minutes later the waitress came back with plates of spaghetti, and Niall dug right in.

"So," He said, his mouth stuffed with food. "When do ya wanna t'ink about our weddin'?"

"I guess now," i shrugged, licking my lips. Niall took a sip of water and my phone buzzed loudly, and I flipped it over to see the contact name.

Dr. Blake.

"Uh," I grunted, standing up and throwing my napkin on my chair. "I have to take this. I'll be back in a few babe." I said over my shoulder and slid to answer my call. "H-Hello?" I stuttered nervously. I shut the bathroom door shut and rested my back against it.

"Ms. Poole?" She asked.

"Yes this is she," I said. I chewed my bottom lip and played with my ring nervously.

"This is Dr. Blake calling again. We need to schedule your surgery as quickly as possible. Do you know what city you will be in next week?"

"Uhhh..." I stuttered. The boy's concert list was so full I forget where we are going to be all the time. "Memphis I think."

"Great. I can make a few calls and get you in and out of there in no time." 

// n i a l l \\

Skylar has been in the bathroom talking for a good 20 minutes or so. I finished all my food, and was starting to pick at hers. I checked my watch and I stood up, but only to sit back down.

She's on the phone. She's okay. I told myself over and over. I hoped she wasn't getting sick again. Just when I was about to eat all her food, she came out of the bathroom. I smiled at her and she gave me this look of...bad news.

"Niall I need to talk to you about something," She shifted in her chair. I stretched my hand across the table, nervously licking my lips.

"I have something called endometriosis. It's when this tissue grows outside my uterus and its really painful... and I need surgery," She blurted. I shook my head in confusion.

"You need surgery baby?" I asked sadly. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Niall I'm so so sorry," she rambled, squeezing her eyes shut. "I suspected for a long time because I thought you would hate me-"

"Skylar," I interrupted angrily. I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of her seat. I stood with her and grabbed her shoulders.

"Don't you ever, ever, think I would hate you because of a disease." I said sternly, Skylar cowering in my arms. I let go and she nodded slowly.

"When do you need the surgery by?" I asked.

"Next week at the latest. If I can last the pain for that long." She mumbled.

My eyes watered. She clicked her tongue and pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back.

"Sorry dinner was a backfire babe." She apologized, giggling slightly. 

"It wasn't. I love you," I bent down and kissed her softly, running my hands gently up her sides.

"I love you more," She cooed, sitting down at the table again. We finished our dinner and had an amazing time. It was nice to get some alone time with Skylar. I stood, leaving money on the table and opening the door for her. We walked for awhile, and I just enjoyed the silence between us. It wasn't awkward...it was nice.

"I'm getting the surgery in Memphis," She said, breaking the silence and kicking a rock sadly. I grabbed her hand, unlocking the car.

"It's gonna be alright. I promise yeh." I smiled.

~~

A//N; HAI GUYZ.

so here is the weekly update for warrior. sorry of its weird but this had to happen to keep the book on track. next update is monday or tuesday next week.

peace out girl scouts.

#glitterhoran