one

It was a bright and sunny morning. White, fluffy clouds drifted across the clear, blue sky. Jisoo had woken up hours before her son to make breakfast and to take a short rest.

Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride. She would do anything for her son to be happy.

"Mommy?"

Jisoo put down the plate that she was washing and turned around to see her son walking towards her with his messy hair, arms out to hug his mom.

She chuckled at seeing him. Jisoo dropped down to his level to give him a hug. "Good morning, Yuyeon." She kissed his head.

"Did you make my favorite food?" His eyes grew wider as soon as he smelled the food.

"I did! Special treat for you since you helped me yesterday." Jisoo walked to the counter with Yuyeon wrapped around her, and placed him on his chair.

She came back with a fried rice on his plate. "You have to finish it, okay?" He nodded almost immediately. Jisoo sat down beside him and stared at him while he's eating.

Between his bites he asked about his dad. He'd always asks about him. Yuyeon would get sulky if Jisoo's answers were the same so she would distract him.

After Yuyeon had finished eating, Jisoo let him play while she washed the dishes. A few minutes later, Jisoo decided to check on him in his room and when she entered, she saw him crying. She immediately ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"What happened?" Jisoo softly spoke.

"Nothing..." he stuttered. Jisoo knew that he would stutter when he lies so she stopped hugging him and looked at him straight in the eye.

"What happened, Yuyeon? If you really don't want to talk about it, then we don't have to."

He muttered, "I don't want to talk about it, mommy," Yuyeon looked at Jisoo. "I'm sorry..."

Her gazed was soft. "You don't have to be sorry if you don't want to talk about something." She said while petting his hair. He nodded.

Jisoo pulled him to stand up. "Come, let's get you ready for school."

-------★★★★-------

"Mommy,"

Jisoo hummed as turned her head for a second to look at him and returning it back to look at the road.

"You'll be able to walk me inside the school, right?" Yuyeon nervously said as he played with his fingers.

She nodded. "Of course, honey." Jisoo put her hand on Yuyeon's and said, "You're going to do just great. Don't be nervous, just relax. Have fun." He nodded.

-------★★★★-------

Yuyeon kept repeatingly saying his mom's words in his mind. His hand still holding with Jisoo's. He didn't want to let go.

Jisoo crouched down and looked at him. "I have to go to work, Yuyeon. You have to let go of my hand."

He shook his head. "I don't want to! I want to go back home."

She sighed. "Yuyeon, you can't go back home now. I have work and you need to learn. Who's going to take care of you at our house? All of your aunts are busy."

"Dad."

Jisoo ignored what he said. "I will pick you up, okay? I will be right in front of the gate, waiting for you. It'll be in a blink of an eye."

He looked at Jisoo, confused. "What is in a blink of an eye?" he asked. She chuckled.

Jisoo kissed Yuyeon on top of his head and cheeks. "Don't forget to eat your lunch, okay?" He nodded.

Yuyeon finally let go of his mom's hand. He believed what his mom said to him and that made him want to go. Jisoo watched his steps as he went inside.

-------★★★★-------

When Jisoo was on her break, she had asked Jennie to come to talk about something important. She was hesitant to ask her because she'd know the answer but maybe if she persuaded Jennie, she'd buy it?

"Hey!" Jisoo looked up to see her best friend standing in front of her. She smiled and stood up to hug her.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Jennie asked as she looked through the menu.

"About my ex."

Jennie eyed Jisoo weirdly. She was shocked that's for sure. Why would Jisoo suddenly asks about her ex that she hates? Tons of questions running through Jennie's mind.

"Yuyeon wants to know about his father and I know that he's your cousin, so can you please tell me where to find him?" Jisoo pleaded with her eyes.

"After what he did to you? No, Jisoo. I'm sorry but I will not tell you."

"Jen, please. I just want Yuyeon to be happy."

Jennie felt bad for not accepting her request but she was scared for Jisoo. She sighed. "Fine," Jisoo's eyes lit up. "He owns a company at ----. I'll text you the address." Jennie said and pulled out her phone.

"Thank you, Jennie. You're the best!"

"Anything for you and Yuyeon. I hope everything works out great. You better tell me if he says something shitty to you, got it?"

Jisoo just grinned and nodded.