three

Luckily for Jisoo, when she asked Taehyung to meet, he agreed for it to be on the weekend since Jisoo was pretty busy working at the bakery that is short on staffs. Jisoo had asked Jennie to babysit Yuyeon for a day while she's out. Fortunately, Jennie would always agree. Jennie loves Yuyeon like her own.

Jisoo wore a decent looking dress to meet him. Not too casual but not too classy. It's like the perfect dress to wear. That's the only dress she would wear anyway if there was a special occasion since she doesn't usually wear dresses. But of course, Jennie being Jennie had forced Jisoo to wear a dress. They had agreed to meet near his building since he had a meeting to attend before seeing Jisoo.

When Jisoo went into the cafe, she stopped to scan the room, to search for his face. Taehyung slightly waved at her as he saw that she was him.

"So, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" Taehyung immediately asked as soon as Jisoo sat down. She frowned.

"Can't even let me order a coffee?" she snapped on how impatient he was being. It wasn't like she was late. She was right on time.

"Sorry," he muttered and a slight tint of red appeared on his cheeks. "Order up then."

After she was done ordering, she went back to him with her hot coffee, holding it with both of her hands to warm it up. "It's really important for you to know that..." She held her breath. Taehyung looked at her, patiently waiting for the important news. "Yuyeon is--"

She was cut off by a woman coming into the store, screaming for Taehyung. She marched towards them and glared at Jisoo in pure disgust.

"You! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Going out with my fiance? Are you nuts!" she yelled. Jisoo looked at Taehyung in confusion and was trying to figure out what was happening.

"Baby, I think you are mistaken. She's just an old friend of mine." Taehyung said as he tried to quickly calmed her down.

"You've never told me before. What's her name?" she asked as she looked Jisoo up and down, judging her.

"Kim Jisoo," Jisoo replied as she stood up to shake the woman's hand. The woman just scoffed at her and kissed Taehyung's cheek.

"Babe, you were supposed to be with me today. You know you have to be there when I pick my wedding dress, right?"

Taehyung awkwardly smiled at his fiance. He was embarrassed by her making a scene like that. "I'm so sorry, baby. I forgot about it. I'll make it up to you tonight. I still have to talk to Jisoo."

The woman fixed her dress and said, "Well, I'll wait for you outside. Hurry up and finish whatever she was trying to say." Before she walked out, she rolled her eyes at Jisoo.

Taehyung let out a breath that he was holding from all that tension. "I apologize for her behavior. Anyway, what did you want to say about Yuyeon?"

Jisoo was flustered and embarrassed to continue this conversation. "I think we should talk about it later. You should go now. I don't want to make her wait." she awkwardly smiled.

Taehyung was kinda sad hearing that. He had thought they would bonded again but he guessed he was wrong. He smiled back at Jisoo before leaving her alone in the cafe.

Jisoo glanced outside the window to see them holding hands and laughing together as they walked to the parking lot where Taehyung had probably parked his car at.

She felt a little jealous. There was a burn in her heart, seeing them so happy. If her and Taehyung's relationship were good, would they have been like that? She wondered as she drove home.

When she got home, she saw that Jennie was sitting on the couch eating candies. Jisoo sighed as she plopped down beside Jennie, taking her attention away from the TV.

"Is Yuyeon asleep?" Jisoo asked as she reached for the candies that Jennie were holding. She nodded.

Jennie turned her body to Jisoo. "Now, you tell me what happened. You look upset about something. Did he has anything to do with it?"

Jisoo let out a small laugh and shook her head. "No, but his fiance did."

Jennie took the remote control and slowed down the volume. "He has a fiance?!" she whispered yelled. "He didn't even tell me? Wow, the audacity that man has." she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, did you get to tell him about Yuyeon?"

"Unfortunately, no. I didn't get the chance to. She interrupted me. I told him that I'll tell him when we meet again."

Jennie hugged Jisoo. "Are you okay?"

With her teary eyes, she shook her head. "No..." she sniffled. "Just the moment I saw them holding hands, laughing like that just makes me wonders would it have been different if it was me?"

Jennie brushed her hair soothingly. "Of course it would have been different. It's different for everyone, Jisoo."

"Why can't I be happy just like them? When will it be my turn?" she cried on Jennie's shoulder.

Jennie patted her back repeatedly. "It will be your day, someday. You might not know but it could literally be like a week from now." Jennie said as she chuckled. Jisoo laughed with her.

She had made jokes to lighten up the mood. The last thing Jennie wanted to see was her best friend (whom she sees like her own sister) to cry about some jerk who doesn't even care about her.

Suddenly, Yuyeon got out of his room. He immediately ran to Jisoo to hug her of comfort when he saw that her mom was crying. He'd never see her mom cry before so it really worried him.