six

Teardrops of rain down the big glass window. Sunday's aren't usually gloomy, unfortunately today was. Seeing pedestrians of familys walking by honestly made Jisoo felt a bit jealous. How she had promised her son that he will see his father. It would break her heart seeing her son blue. She wouldn't dare to break the promise. Jisoo would sacrifice anything for his sakes. Anything that would make him the happiest kid.

Jisoo glanced at Yuyeon, admiring her adorable son, who is busy colouring. Fortunately for Jisoo, her manager didn't mind Jisoo bringing her son. Yuyeon might have stolen her coworkers hearts.

She had asked Jennie but she couldn't watch him, she had errands to run. Still, Jisoo is so grateful how her best friend is always there to help her. She loves her dearly.

Lost in her thoughts, the bell abruptly chimed as as a customer walked in. She turned her head to the door to see Taehyung. He wore a black turtleneck, a brown coat and a black pair of trousers with a watch on his right wrist. Jisoo didn't want to see him right now, not after what happened last Thursday. She couldn't even stand seeing the sight of him. She really wants to beat the shit out of him but she kept her cool.

"Hey, Jisoo..." he said as he walked up to the counter. Taehyung scratched the back of his neck. Jisoo knows that means he's nervous.

"Just give me an iced Americano." he said and Jisoo typed it out on the screen. He continued, "I was hoping I could talk to you."

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Oh, you're still talking?"
She looked him sharp in the eyes. "I don't want to talk to you, Kim Taehyung."

He averted his gaze. "I'm sorry. Please, I want to talk to -"

Jisoo slammed a pen down the marble countertop, startling Taehyung and possibly everyone in the cafe. "No." she sternly said as she turned to make his drink. Jisoo could hear him deeply sighing. He deserved that.

Without making eye contact, Jisoo gave Taehyung his drink. "If you have nothing else to order, please leave." Jisoo said as she gave him a bitter smile.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered as he turned to walk away, leaving the cafe with his head down.

Suddenly, a cheery voice spoke. "Mommy, was that your friend that we met the other day?"

Jisoo looked at Yuyeon and smiled. She nodded. "Yes, that was him." Jisoo ruffled her son's hair.

>>>

When the last customer went out of the door, Jisoo cheered to herself. She was exhausted but seeing Yuyeon sleeping soundly at the corner gave her a little energy. He looked super adorable!

"Jisoo," Anna called out. She turned her head. "I'm going out. See you Monday!" Anna said as she smiled brightly, going out through the glass door. Jisoo waved goodbye.

Before Jisoo closed the cafe, she had organized and restocked everything. She mopped the floor even though Anna had done it before.
Jisoo sighed. "Time to go home."

>>>

They waited for 20 minutes for the bus. Jisoo cursed herself mentally as she forgot that it was already 11P.M. She tried calling Jennie but she wasn't answering. She sighed as she looked left and right to see if any taxi was nearby. "Well... fuck." she whispered.

Jisoo looked down on her lap. She stroked Yuyeon's hair. "What do I do..."
Yuyeong looked up to him mom, confused.

Without noticing, a car abruptly stopped in front of them. Jisoo held her son closer to her as the car's door opened slowly. When she saw the person stepped out of the car, she immediately felt upset.

Before Taehyung could even talk, Jisoo interrupted. "What are you doing here?" She was clearly annoyed by his presence.

"I saw you waiting, I just wanted to offer you a ride home. That's all."

"No, we're fine. We'll manage." she sternly said.

"But mommy..." Yuyeon whined.

Jisoo gave Yuyeon a look and he immediately looked down upon seeing his mom's face expression. "Sorry..." he quietly whispered.

Taehyung saw Yuyeon's sad face and it broke his heart seeing him like that. "Jisoo, stop being so stubborn. Don't you feel bad for him? He clearly wants to go home."

She looked down at Yuyeon. She shouldn't have let the things between her and Taehyung be a distraction for what's important. Her son's needs. "Fine. You can give us a ride home."

Before Jisoo could open the door, Taehyung ran to her side to open the door for them. Jisoo got in without looking at him or saying anything.

>>>

The ride to her home was quite awkward. He wanted to talk to Jisoo about Yuyeon but since he was there, he couldn't.

"We're here." Taehyung said as he parked the car in front of the huge building. Jisoo slowly stepped out so she doesn't wake Yuyeon. She was carrying her son astride at the hip.

Jisoo looked at Taehyung, who was somehow outside. "Thank you." she spoke softly. "And I'm sorry for giving you an attitude earlier." She looked down in embarrassment.

He chuckled. "No, I definitely deserved that. I'm sorry for what I said the other day. It was shameless and wrong of me to ask you. I'm very sorry, Jisoo. I know it's hard to trust me but I do want to be here watching Yuyeon grows up. I want to make up for my mistakes in the past."

Jisoo was holding her breath. She felt like she was about to burst out into tears, hearing his sincere words. She gulped and smiled at him. "I forgive you, Taehyung. Do you want to spend some time with him tomorrow after school? You can pick him up if you want." Jisoo suggested.

Taehyung eagerly nodded. "I'm sorry for everything. I'll take good care of our son, Jisoo. You don't have to suffer alone anymore." He said as he pulled Jisoo (and Yuyeon) closer to embrace them.