44 | drowned blood

PREVIOUSLY ON DROWNED BLOOD

"So, I'll give you one last chance tell me...
who is the last player?"

_____

𝑩𝑬𝑻𝑹𝑨𝒀𝑨𝑳

Abstract:
The very definition of betrayal meant a sense of being harmed by the intentional actions or omissions of a trusted person. A person so close to you, you would have confused it for a dream. The most common forms of betrayal were harmful disclosures of confidential information, disloyalty, infidelity, and at last dishonesty.

As soon as we got back to the mansion all our surroundings became unknown, blurred as we went up the mansion steeps side by side not daring to look at each other nor speak.

Opening the door, they immediately stood still watching the one who had been the main player all along while I rested back hidden behind a soil watching everything.

The one who was supposed to keep us hidden from our enemies opened the door and let them in instead.

He just smirked knowing all too well he had lost, that he had arrived at this end, final line, had been caught, and looked up slowly at last looking us in the eye.

"Well, I see you guys found out then." He spoke his smirk almost resembling one of a man who slaughtered a full house of people and enjoyed every second of it.

"It was you the whole time huh?" Enzo asked hurt, and shock clear in my voice.

But in that very moment, we had seen it all, we had seen the way his face paled once Cara uttered his name before dying in front of his feet.

The way he pulled the trigger two more times with no emotion even after I had killed her.

"How dumb could we have been. This whole time you made us believe the Mexicans were doing this, yet the main player was right in front of our noses. You were letting them do the dirty work while you sat back and watched."

"Now tell me uncle-" The man he once considered family was suddenly in just a matter of seconds a no one.

Antonio the man we had trusted from the start, the man that formed me into the woman I was today, Enzo's, Lorenzo's and Isa's uncle, our very own family was behind this all.

"Why?" Enzo asked disdain and hate full in his question now, the pain pushed back deep inside of him, so deep he would only let it to the surface once he knew he was safe, and no harm could be incorporated to the damage that had already been done.

As if he had been waiting for that question his whole entire life Antonio started, at final uttering the reason we stood in front of him.

"My entire life I had to watch how all my brothers got what they wanted. Most of the time kids cry when something gets taken away from them, but I am no child. I am a grown man, a man who is able to fight for what is his, and I can kill too. Even his own family-

Your father got the underground business. Lorenzo's father got the legal business while I had to wait until someone would step down so I could take over."

"You see I liked the underground business more than the legal one. There were many reasons but one simply subject topped it all. Something I and your father had in common. Guns."

"R22, ring any bell?" Right away Augusto's face paled, and an expression of shock and stun washed over his face.

"That was the only reason I ever wanted the underground business, and I would do anything to get it, so I had to let my own brother disappear."

"You bastard killed your brother, my father. You made me believe for seven years that the fireplace fire had been out of control when in fact it was set intentionally.

My parent's killer was right before my nose. Their killer was in their own family." He whispered the last part looking down and not being able to look up again.

"Now, now don't get all worked up didn't that get your lovely Elizabeth killed?" he asked with so much happiness. How could we have never seen this face? His true face.

"Why then not kill me? Why her?" Enzo asked finally looking up again, into the almost identical eyes like his.

"Oh, I tried to kill you. You were the main target all along but then I thought what is more powerful than death?" he rubbed his thumb and index finger over his chin looking up amused.

"The feeling of emptiness and depression knowing you will have to suffer from the thought you are the season the love you lost as a child and finally found in a woman is dead, for the rest remaining years." Immediately Enzo stalked up to him hitting him hard against his jaw.

His head instantly moved left but not one mark of hurt was seen only the smirk he carried through the whole conversation.

"So, you see I had wanted to get you killed figlio [son] that's why I was stressed and ordered you to know who the Mexicans were so I could shake their hand and offer a deal." he spits blood out of his mouth.

"They will get you Sinners and leave me alone but what can I say, those people were shot so I had to do it myself, but that woman had to step in."

"Why try to kill me which benefit would you have?"

"I could have more time to search for the gun and none of you can get in my way." He said looking deep into Augusto's eyes.

"Love really does horrible things to you. You could have been powerful even though I would have taken that away from you too." His eyes traveled back from Augusto to Enzo smiling.

Perhaps that was the reason Antonio never had anyone because he had seen all of his loved ones fall in love and become as he thought weak.

"That's the thing you see, Antonio she never left she was the one who lead me here," Enzo said looking back as I stepped away from the soil and into the room.

"She was with you the whole time," Antonio whispered looking at me shocked.

I wanted to break down, ask why? Why was the world so cruel? I had considered him as a father figure and ended up yet with another enemy.

"I guess Cara never did her work well. Good thing she'll never be able to do anything similar in hell." I said seeing anger now mix with shook.

"She was with me the whole time; she will always be with me. Yet you won't be there to see it. See you in hell uncle I'll meet you there one day." He said-

finally taking his gun out and ending it all with one shoot through his heart.

He truly was a Russo.

____________
CHAPTERS LEFT: 3
update: every week
To get more information on my update schedule visit my Instagram page.
Link in my bio.