Come With Me

Time skip. Its been about 2 months since you got your gift

News spread quickly about the new kid getting a gift from the candle. Was to be expected seeing as this should never have happened in the first place. You quickly become used to the town and its people learning everyone's names and doing everyday duties that are now easier due to your gift

Seeing as your gift is "poltergeist", however, there isn't much you can do other than float to high up places, and just recently you found out you can see the dead. You thought they were actual people just in the town but turns out you're the only one who can see them. The madrigals have asked if you can see their Abuelo Pedro, you try to keep an eye out for them as you haven't seen or heard from the dead about anyone named Pedro. You can't speak to them by the way. You can just see and hear them.

You and Camilo have gotten close by playing pranks on each other and working together to pull pranks on the family. And since you didn't have a last name you knew of you made one up for yourself as you didn't see yourself as a madrigal even with the gift you were given.

And with your new name chosen, you were now Y/n L/n, a family friend of the madrigals.

It's midday and you felt mischievous so you decided to try and prank Camilo again. You sneaked through walls trying to find him. You found him sitting on his bed... muttering about something. You stuck your face through the wall behind him and tried to listen in

"what do I tell them... they hate me why else would they play pranks on me..." you heard him say

you thought he was talking about some kid in the village so you decided to continue with your original plan to spook him

"So watcha thinking about." You say with your face sticking out of the wall

"AY MI AMOR DON'T CREEP UPON ME LIKE THAT" he screamed, he screamed like a girl which was hilarious

"mi amor? Do I mean that much to you?" you reply moving through the wall and sitting next to Camilo

"No! I just... you're making me angry now." Camilo said with a stern look on his face

"you were talking about someone hating you. Who would hate you? You're Camilo Madrigal, one of the coolest people I know. And that's saying something cause I met the King of Spain once" you pat his back but he flinches when you do.

"Camilo? Are you okay?" your tone shifts from a playful and devious tone to a gentle worried tone.

"Do you hate me? Amor?" Camilo's voice started breaking slightly.

You removed your hand from his back when he said that. Hate him? It was anything but that. You loved playing pranks on him. Oh. You realised who he was talking about earlier.

"Camilo... I'm so sorry if you thought I was playing pranks cause I hated you... I wanted them to be a fun little thing we did as friends I didn't mean for them to hurt you..." your breathing starts to deepen and become heavy.

"I loved you once... I thought you didn't love me back the same way seeing as you kept pulling pranks when I stopped because I admired you. Why couldn't you see that?"

Your head starts to flood

"Camilo I didn't know... I- I just thought you thought my pranks were boring... I just wanted to see you smile again... I-" your throat traps your voice from coming out.

You break through it

"I love you too Camilo. That's why I kept playing pranks on you. Because I loved the way you smiled after each one. I didn't want that smile to ever go away so I kept pulling pranks. I never realised that I turned that smile, sad. I'm so sorry you thought of me that way and I'm so sorry I put that pressure of 'when am I gonna strike?' on you. I did not mean for any of that mi Amor..."