Chapter 1- Let's Do This

"Ruby Rose!"

The exclamation of my name startled me from down the hall. I looked and rolled my eyes when I spotted Sunset Shimmer. She had an evil smirk on her face. That was never good.

"That's an awful outfit, you know," she snickered.

"That's new, considering you see me wear this every day," I retorted. "You're out of insults, Shimmer."

"Do me a favor, and go back to Equestria," Sunset said quietly.

"Believe me, if I knew how to, I would," I snapped, slamming my locker shut and walking away.

I walked out to the soccer field. I knew Rainbow Dash would be there. I knew all of this world's versions of my friends. They would be friendly around me, but I knew they acted like strangers anywhere else.

"Element of Love." Twilight smiled as she put the necklace around me. We were going to defeat Discord, and I was the only one not infected.

A spell gone wrong teleported me to this world. I was an alicorn like Twilight before I was teleported here. We were Celestia's prized pupils, as some would say. I missed that world so much.

"Rose!" Dash called as I ran out onto the field.

"Hey, Dash." I smiled at my competitive friend.

She kicked a ball toward the net, and I smiled. "Your strength is easing up, Dash. Here." I kicked a ball, and it bounced off the net back toward me. It rolled right to my right foot, where I stopped.

"Rainbow Dash." Applejack walked up to us.

"I'll leave you two alone," I said awkwardly.

I walked toward the bleachers and sat in an isolated corner. I hummed to myself, feeling myself relax slightly. I leaned my head back, enjoying the warm glow of the sun. A nice book would make it perfect.

"Ruby?"

I was startled by the voice as I looked at my side. There was a dog next to me that looked like Spike. I looked at the dog in confusion. Maybe I was finally going insane. I might've been here so long that the difference between the two worlds was finally getting to me.

"Did you just... talk?" I questioned, wondering if I was hallucinating.

"Ruby!" The dog pounced on me.

"Hey, off!" I shoved it off me. "I need to go home."

"No, Ruby, wait!" The dog called after me.

"Ruby Rose!"

All five of my friends, together on the bleachers. I looked at Twilight in shock. The one in this world was at Crystal Prep. They looked at me as I slowly walked toward them. Maybe they were real.

"Hi," I said shyly.

Twilight hugged me. I hugged her back immediately. The group smiled at me, as they all knew I was their friend now. "What's the plan? Why are you here?"

"We're beating Sunset Shimmer in the Fall Formal," Rainbow said determinedly.

"She got my crown in our world. Do you have your element?" Twilight whispered.

I pulled out the necklace from under my shirt. It had a small gold chain compared to our world. The charm was a small, pale pink charm in the shape of a heart. The element was the one thing I made sure to guard. Nothing else mattered here.

My body transformed when I arrived in this world. My pale pink hair was pulled into a high ponytail. My milky white skin turned into a human structure. I had hands and feet instead of hooves. My outfit comprised a pale pink hoodie with a jean jacket as the vest, a white t-shirt, a loose jean skirt, and matching knee-high boots. My cutie mark was on the side of the skirt, a pale pink bow and arrow with a heart surrounding it.

We went to a cafe, and I saw Twilight bump into Flash while she was ordering her drink. I smirked at them, knowing they were a good match. I smiled at Flash as he exited, him smiling back at me.

"Don't even think about it, you two," Rarity said. "You're already trying to get her crown, Twilight. Who knows what Sunset Shimmer would do if you ended up getting her ex-boyfriend, too."

Twilight rambled as I rolled my eyes. "I've known him for a while, Rar. He's a nice guy. I'm not interested in him."

"Flash Sentry broke up with her a few weeks ago. I can't believe she hasn't done something awful to him yet," Fluttershy explained.

"They were a couple for the popularity. There was no romance in the relationship," I reasoned. "At least, that's what I heard."

Twilight smiled at my cover up. "Maybe she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really awful."

"Alright, girls. Dance is tomorrow night, and we still don't know how to get Twilight the vote she needs to become princess. Right now, folks only know Twilight from the video Sunset Shimmer posted online. We need to help them see her differently," Applejack explained.

"I've got it!" Rarity exclaimed, startling the surrounding people. She blushed. "I mean, I might have a solution. Now, this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?" Rarity pulled out a tie-on tail and headband ears. "Freshman year, they were very very popular, a way for everyone to show their school spirit. You know, go Canterlot Wondercolts!"

"I still have mine. They're a little beat up, but I still kept them. In case they ever went back into fashion before we graduated," I explained.

"I haven't sold any in ages. I mean, the six of us are obviously all very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts. Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle is the one who united us. And we are going to let everyone know it! What do you think?" Rarity asked.

Twilight looked between all of us. I fixed my tail and my ears. They reminded me of home. I wanted to go back, but I didn't want to leave them. They needed me, needed us, now more than ever.

"Let's do this," Twilight said determinedly.

I nodded as the girls cheered.