Chapter 7- Rainbow Rocks

"Excuse me, princess. Where do you want all these books from Princess Celestia?" A pony walked in, pulling a cartload of books.

"The library. Third door on the left." Twilight pointed her hoof at the door.

"Even this one that's glowing and vibrating?" the man questioned.

I looked at the top of the stack and used my magic to retrieve the book. I put it in front of Twilight and she dropped the letter she was reading. She read through the book, her facial expression completely changing.

"What is it, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

"It looks like a message to Princess Celestia from my friends at Canterlot High," Twilight said, making me perk up.

"How is that even possible?" Rarity questioned.

"I don't know, but... it sounds like they need our help." Twilight looked at me with worried eyes.

Twilight and I rushed into the library, me pulling a book immediately. The girls gathered around the table. It was strange what the girl discovered. Maybe it was them. They somehow found their way there, and now my friends were in trouble.

"The way Sunset Shimmer described them, I think these new girls sound an awful lot like... the sirens," Twilight started.

"Not the sirens!" Pinkie yelled.

"The sirens were three beautiful but dangerous creatures who had the power to charm ponies with their music. But to maintain this power, they had to feed on the negativity and distrust of others," I started reading.

"The more of this negative energy they consumed, the stronger their voices became, and the farther they could spread their dark magic," Twilight continued.

"I don't think I like this story very much," Fluttershy said scaredly.

"If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria, but a certain Starswirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumor has it he found a way to banish them into another world, one where he believed their magic power would be lost. That world must have been the one where my Canterlot High friends live."

"But Starswirl must have sent them there ages ago. How come they're just surfacing now?" Applejack asked.

I thought about it for a moment. "The magic from my element and Twilight's crown must've kick-started their magic in some way," I said in realization.

"I don't know, but if my hunch is right, and it is the sirens who've come to Canterlot High, this spell they've cast is just the beginning," Twilight said.

"Our friends need us. We have to get back to them," I said determinedly.

"I hate to burst your bubble, you two, but the connection between their world and Equestria will still be totally cut off for a super long time," Rainbow stopped us.

"Okay, first off, if there was bubble blowing going on, why wasn't I told about it? And secondly, if the connection is totally cut off, how is Sunset Shimmer able to get a message to Twilight?"

Twilight gasped, an idea sparking her mind. "Pinkie, you're a genius!"

I stood back, watching Twilight work. "And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the two points along three spacial dimensions."

"Say what now?" Spike said after a moment.

"Duh! She's going to take the magic in there and put it in there. That'll make the portal open up, so that whenever they want to, they can go from here to there. There to here. Here to there, there to here. Here to there, there to-"

"We get the idea," Applejack cut Pinkie off.

"Now to see if it actually works," Twilight said.

I set the book on the stand using my magic and the machine came to life. The group awed at it as I beamed. A bright light flashed and purple and pink swirled on the surface of the mirror.

"Don't suppose we can join you this time around?" Applejack asked sheepishly.

"Better not. It could make things pretty confusing if Canterlot High all of a sudden had two of all of you," I reasoned.

"But I still get to go, right?" Spike asked. "There isn't another one of me at Canterlot High, and you never know when you might need your trusty assistant."

Twilight nodded. "Yes!" Spike said happily.

"We won't be gone long," I assured them before they hugged us.

"Ready, you two?" Twilight asked, looking at us.

"Ready," I said with a mischievous smile.

We ran toward the mirror, leaping into it. I felt as though I was floating as I swirled in a colorful world. I almost wanted to vomit, but wanted to admire the colors as well. The portal looked magical.

My pale pink hair was let loose and parted to the side with a barret with my cutie mark clipped into it. My milky white skin turned into a human structure. My outfit changed. I was now wearing pale pink leggings with a white t-shirt. A pink jacket was put on top. White combat boots added an edge.

"Twilight, Ruby!"

"We're back," Twilight said, rubbing her head.

Sunset held out a hand to both of us and I backed away out of instinct. She looked at me pleadingly and I noticed her demeanor. She had changed. I took her hand as Twilight took the other.

The girls surrounded us, hugging us.

"And we've got some bad news about those new girls." Twilight frowned.

The girls gave us worried looks as I looked at Twilight for reassurance.

Element of LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara