Chapter 15- Forgive

"Sure wish you could stay longer."

We were standing by the portal, ready to go home.

"Me too. But we have responsibilities in Equestria to get back to. Its citizens need us," Twilight reasoned.

"But now we can go through the portal whenever we need to. This isn't goodbye," I reasoned.

"It's just goodbye until next time," Twilight reasoned. "Ready?"

"Ready!" Spike and I replied.

Spike went through the portal first. Twilight and I took hands, and we walked through the portal together. We landed on our stomachs when we came through. Our friends barged into the room at the commotion.

"You're back!" Pinkie squealed excitedly.

Our friends hugged us tightly. It's been a long couple of days. I sighed contentedly, relieved to be back home.

"Twi," I said, noticing something. "Look at this."

Twilight trotted over to me and looked at the case. The case has been empty ever since we gave our elements up. But there was something new. A new element was in the case. It was a necklace, like the others. The gem was orange-red and in the shape of a flaring sun. Twilight smiled at me.

"What happened when you were there?" Rainbow asked.

"Sunset's a recent addition, I guess. I realized she was the Element of Forgiveness. I read about it a long time ago. It was lost when he betrayed the group, but clearly, it came back because the element found another person to adapt to," I explained.

"So cool," Applejack whispered.

I headed into the heart of Ponyville after a couple hours of a nap. I needed to see Caramel. I knocked on his door. He smiled when he answered the door, stepping aside so I could come in.

"What do I owe the pleasure of getting to have the Princess of Love in my household?" Caramel teased.

"How about laying with me on the couch because I had a long stay at Canterlot High?" I suggested.

"How was it?" Caramel asked.

"These three girls were the Sirens that I probably told you about a long time ago. They were trying to take over the world in that dimension, and we prevented it. In the process, Caramel told me he didn't like me anymore. And I kind of got hurt because I thought it was you saying it," I admitted.

Caramel sat down next to me, frowning. He bumped our noses together, making me smile.

"I would never say that to you. You're my best friend, and my love. I would never hurt you intentionally," Caramel assured me, his wings flapping before tucking into his sides.

I laid my head on his legs, letting him lay his head on top of mine. I closed my eyes, falling asleep with Caramel holding me close to him.