Chapter 18- Laughter

"I can't believe our world's Twilight and Ruby go to Crystal Prep!" Rarity said, frustrated.

"You're saying that Twilight's going to play against us? And Ruby?" Rainbow questioned. "They'd never do that."

"We wouldn't," I agreed.

Sunset exploded. "Our Twilight is a princess in Equestria, and an expert in friendship magic. And if she was here, we'd've already figured out why magic is randomly popping up during pep rallies and costume changes."

"Slow down, Sunset. I know she needs to be here. Why don't we go to the library and we can study together?" I suggested.

Sunset smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Ruby."

"Of course," I said.

We broke off from the group, making me wonder in the back of my mind if Caramel was going to be okay. I shrugged, knowing he knew how to get back to my house. Sunset and I sat at a table in a secluded corner, away from earshot.

"Okay. I'm ready," Sunset said, taking out a notebook and pencil.

"Friendship magic is created when people have a close bond. Mostly in Equestria. Our friends were chosen because Princess Celestia chose Twilight to be the element of magic. I'm the element of love. The first pony we met was Pinkie, element of laughter. We met Applejack next. Element of honesty. Rainbow Dash, element of loyalty. Rarity, element of generosity. And, last but not least, Fluttershy, element of kindness."

"So, you all met how?" Sunset asked.

"Twilight and I were sent from Canterlot to check on the Summer Sun Celebration. We didn't start off on the right foot. Princess Luna was Nightmare Moon, and Twilight was trying to prove she was going to bring eternal darkness. And Twilight and I weren't exactly the socializing type. Pinkie was eccentric. Applejack was too. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, they all had their things. But that's where we came in. Thanks to us retrieving the elements of harmony, Twilight and I formed a bond with them."

"So what does that have to do with now?"

"The magic we created was brought here, and the magic of each element that was inside of the crown latched onto this dimension's version of us," I explained. "Somehow, by... showing off why we were given the element, we're able to pony up."

"So, we have to tell them to not be themselves?" Sunset asked, confused.

"We have to tell them to keep it on the down-low. But we can't stop the magic from embracing itself. Since we don't have magic to control it, we can't control magic without magic."

~~~

"What do you mean, the portal's gone?" Applejack questioned.

"I mean, it's gone. It's closed. It's not there anymore." Sunset opened the door to the gym.

"How'd that happen?" Rainbow questioned.

"I don't know. But it has something to do with that Twilight," Sunset said, pointing at the awkward girl.

"What in tarnation is she up to?" Applejack questioned, watching the girl bump into things.

"Leave this to me," Sunset said. She walked up to the Crystal Prep student. "Twilight, what have you been up to?"

"Me? Oh, I was just-"

"Who wants to know?"

"Um, we do," Rainbow snapped.

"All right, everyone. Let's not get too competitive before the games even start," Applejack reasoned.

"The games aren't really competitive since we've never lost."