chapter two

I hate how much I say webbed, but there's no substitute or synonym for it and AHHH 

okay anyway... enjoy :)

––🕷––

After he'd signed up to take the test, which he'd have to go do on Sunday, he went on patrol.

For hours he swung around helping people. It was a pretty average Tuesday overall.

After midnight, there usually wasn't much else to do, and tonight was no exception so it got pretty boring. With nothing else to do, he pulled out his phone.

Peter

hi

Whatcha doing

I'm bored

Anthony

It's one am. Go to sleep, kid.

Peter

Shoot sorry. I didn't realize it was one am

Anthony

What're you doing up anyway? Isn't it a school night?

Peter

Yeah but I'm working

Anthony

You said you needed a job??

Peter

Well I need a second job

Technically I have this job, but it doesn't pay much

I gotta pay for food somehow

Anthony

Okay so I know your parents died, but why do you live on your own? You very obviously can't take care of yourself if you need a second job and are working all night on a school night.

Peter

I can totally take care of myself

I could quit this job if I wanted to but I like it

I got to get back to work byeee

Anthony

No, you need to tell me why the hell you're taking care of yourself and where your guardian is.

Kid? Kid, I swear you better text me back.

Kid??

Peter could feel Anthony still texting him, but there was a robbery down the street he had to take care of.

Swinging over, he snuck around and entered through the back of the convenience store. Peeking into the store from the back room, he caught sight of two robbers with guns, making the cashier give them all the money out of the register.

Without much effort, Peter webbed them up and called the cops. He made sure the cashier was okay, which he was glad to see that she was, and swung away.

He got his backpack out of an alley and swung to the top of a new building. After making sure there were no cameras, he changed out of his Spider-Man suit and laid down.

The thought of texting Anthony back crossed his mind, but almost as soon as he laid down and set his alarm, he was out.

Tony's POV

It had taken three days to hack into this kid's phone. How many hacks and firewalls did he set up anyway?

That was part of the reason he suggested the kid work at SI. If it took him, Tony Stark, three days to hack him, he must've been smart.