chapter six

I just want to point out before y'all read that half this chapter is literally just overthinking at its finest :P

––🕷––

After he ate dinner with the Avengers, he left to go on patrol. It was a pretty easy patrol. He mostly just swung around looking for crime or people that needed help, but didn't find any.

Except when he swung into one neighborhood. He swung in and sat on a lamppost, only for a dog to race by below him. He looked up to see two kids chasing it, but they were too slow.

Peter immediately jumped off the lamp post, shooting a web at another one and swinging. He swung through the neighborhood following the dog until he finally got in front of it.

With a flip, that was unnecessary but definitely fun, he landed in front of the dog just in time to grab its collar as it ran by.

The tag on it read "Lucy". He brought the dog back to the kids, who had huge smiles plastered on their faces, and made sure they got home without the dog getting away again.

After he caught their dog, he decided to stop for the night. There wasn't much crime going on, so he was just wasting energy.

He swung back to the building with his backpack and changed out of the Spider-Man suit. He wished he could get a new, more high-tech suit, but right now he was stuck with this.

After tucking his suit away in his backpack, he laid down, only to get back up again because he needed to go to the bathroom.

Climbing down the building, he pulled out his phone to text Anthony while on his walk to the convenience store. Only after he texted, did he realize it was midnight though.

Peter

Hey anthony

I'm bored

Anthony

Well, Bored, why don't you go to bed?

Seriously though, why are you always up in the middle of the night?

Peter

Did you just make a dad joke?

Are you a dad and you didn't tell me!?

Anthony

No, kid. Answer the question.

Peter

Oh well I told you. I'm at my second job

And I can't go to bed if I don't have one 🙃

Anthony

If you got a new job, why don't you quit your other one?

Peter

Because I like this job it just doesn't pay a lot

It's worth it though

And I technically can't quit

Its like a job where youdshbvskhbuivbi

Anthony

What was that?

You okay, kid?

Kid???

Peter was almost to the convenience store when a guy with a hood on walked out. Peter's Spidey-Sense had gone off, but he was expecting the guy to try to attack him, so he wasn't prepared for the guy to take his phone.

The guy took off down the street and Peter followed. The guy dipped into multiple alleyways, taking a ton of twists and turns. Peter wanted to start swinging or jumping between buildings to make it easier to follow him, but couldn't give away his identity as Spider-Man.