chapter four

Just as a quick reminder - Peter still had his old, homemade suit. 

––🕷––

Peter had been working at SI for a week now, and up until now it had been no better. Not only did work still suck, but so did everything else.

He'd gotten a bit more food. He had two sleepovers with Ned, so he got food there, and two other people gave him money on patrol, even though he didn't want it. He still hadn't eaten nearly enough though. Currently, he was running on four and a half days without eating.

At work, he was still delivering coffee to people and it had gotten boring quickly. Well, until today.

Normally, the highest floor he delivered coffee to was ten, just like Tiffany had said it'd be. There had been a few times when he'd gone higher than that though, and today was one of those days.

Today, someone from level twenty-five ordered coffee. He'd never gone up that high in the tower before, but without hesitation, he made coffee and got in the elevator.

FRIDAY brought him up to the twenty-fifth floor and Peter looked around for a second before finding the right door number. He knocked and some older guy on the phone answered the door, took his coffee, and closed the door in Peter's face without a word.

Peter rolled his eyes as he started walking away. There were a surprising amount of rude people in this tower.

As he walked down the hall, his Spidey-Sense went off. Quickly, he looked up and jumped to the side, to see someone falling out of the vents.

With his jaw dropped open purely from shock, he watched as the guy groaned and stood up, only for it to be Clint Barton!

Peter was still too stunned to say anything. Clint stood up and faced Peter, brushing off his clothes.

"Sorry, kid. Didn't mean to, ya know, almost fall on you. How'd you know I was up there anyway?"

Still in awe that an Avenger was talking to him and had just fallen out of the roof, Peter stuttered. "Uhh...I was just...well, I...I think it was just–"

Clint cut him off with a small smirk, "You're pretty young, aren't you. I don't think I've seen any interns this young around here, which means you're probably pretty smart. Wanna help me with something?"

Peter nodded, not trusting his ability to speak at the moment. If Peter wasn't so shocked and star-struck at the moment, he might've been embarrassed at his current inability to speak normally.

"Alright, come on. We're gonna prank Tony," he laughed, leading Peter into the elevator.

"You mean Tony Stark?" Peter asked, even more in shock if that was possible.

Clint laughed again. "Yup, Tony Stark. By the way, what's your name?"

"It's, uh, it's Ben."

Then, the elevator opened up. He never said what floor they were going to, but judging by the view, it was towards the top.

The room they were in looked like a super high-tech version of the intern labs. It was actually kind of a mess, but Peter was still amazed by everything. The inventions, machines, robots, even all the tools lying around

"Right over here..." Clint started after a second, leading them to a computer and opening it up. He put in a password, getting it wrong a few times, but eventually got it and pulled up a bunch of coding.

"Alright, so what I wanted to do was hack FRIDAY so that she'll make vine references to almost anything he says. My kids told me about vines, but Tony doesn't understand it. Do you think you'd be able to do that?"