chapter eight

Hiya y'all  :)

So this chapter can get a little confusing, so if you have any questions, comment them and I'll answer them asap!!

––🕷––

School couldn't have been any more boring. Why would teachers decide to talk the whole class period, anyway? It wasn't hard to realize that after about fifteen minutes, the students pretty much stopped listening and spaced out, so why would they just keep talking?

But alas, this teacher did. It was his last class of the day and all he wanted to do was get out of here and go to the internship.

For the last ten minutes of class, the teacher had them complete an online survey so Peter took out his computer and started.

He finished it quickly and went to put his computer away when Flash walked up and snatched it off his desk.

"Whatcha got on here, Ben? Anything interesting?" he said sarcastically with a smirk. Peter rolled his eyes and tried to take his computer back, only for Flash to move it at the last second.

Peter tried to grab it again, but the same thing happened. It was the third time that it turned out badly. Pretty fed up, Peter went to grab his computer one last time, but this time when Flash moved it Peter accidentally hit him in the face.

Flash put his computer on the desk holding his face with one hand. "What the fuck, Ben? Finally growing some fucking balls?" Flash mocked once again, but this time he looked pissed.

Flash stood up and took a step towards Peter, looking ready for a fight, when Mrs. Garcia intervened. "Hey! We'll have none of that in my class! Sit back down and detention after school today. Both of you!"

Peter sighed and sat back in his seat, quickly grabbing his computer and shoving it in his backpack.

The bell rang only a few minutes later and they both stayed for detention. Detention with Mrs. Garcia was always the worst. She didn't let anyone talk or get on their phones or computers. Unless he had homework or a book to read–which he didn't–he had nothing to do for an hour.

He sat thinking, watching the minutes tick by on the clock. It seemed more like six hours when Mrs. Garcia finally let them leave. Flash immediately got up and stormed out. At least now Peter wouldn't have to deal with him.

Hurriedly, Peter dropped off his backpack, got his computer out of it, and headed to the internship. He was already late and still had to get on the subway to get there.

By the time he got there, he was almost an hour late. He was expecting Tony to be mad, but instead Tony didn't really care. Apparently today they couldn't work in the lab anyway until he cleaned it up from an explosion.

So rather than working they went up and hung out in the living room. For a while, they put on a TV show, although no one was really paying attention. They were more focused on talking instead.

They had been talking about where they were from and telling stories. Peter listened but didn't really say much. There wasn't much he could say without it either being sad or giving something away.

Tony had finished telling a story about a party he threw when he was in high school when he asked Peter about his own life since they hardly knew anything about him.

Peter, who was pretty unprepared to talk about himself, especially his past, tried to answer vaguely. "Well, my parents live in another state and I'm staying up here with a friend."

"Why?" Steve asked, genuinely curious.

Peter paused, thinking of a believable reply before answering, "mostly for school. I used to live in a small town and the schools here are a lot better."