chapter fifteen

Hey everyone! This is more of a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoy :)

––🕷––

After lifting more than Steve and Bucky, Peter ended up spending the rest of the day there.

At dinner, Tony had Steve make him more food because of his metabolism, even though Peter said it was fine. Peter couldn't complain though; it was good food and it felt nice to actually eat as much as he needed to for once.

Afterward, just like they had so many times before, they went to the living room to hang out. Clint started playing Mario Kart against Wanda, and Peter joined in for a bit. Then, they watched a few movies. Before Peter even realized it, he was drifting off and fell asleep on the couch.

When he woke up that morning, rather than finding himself in his bed at the orphanage or even the dark closet, he looked around to see he was on the couch in the Avenger's living room.

He'd have thought they'd woke him up in time to get back last night, yet here he was. Almost instantly, he shot up and started panicking.

He'd already been in trouble twice at the orphanage within the past few days, and now this? What was Ms. Pundow going to do? Would he have to go in the closet and write again, or something worse this time? This–not coming back to the orphanage all night–was a lot worse than just coming in past curfew.

The time on his phone read 8:34 AM. He'd already missed breakfast.

He had to get back. The longer he was gone, the worse it would be. He was sure of it.

Except, the moment he stood up, Tony spoke from behind him in the kitchen, drinking coffee. "Hey, Pete. You sleep okay?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. I slept fine. I have to get back to the orphanage though."

Before Peter could leave, Tony stopped him, calling out from the kitchen, "It's fine, kid, I already called them and told them you fell asleep here. Follow me."

Reluctantly, he followed Tony, who started leading him down a hall. Would he still get in trouble if Tony called?

"Why didn't you wake me up, anyway?" Peter curiously asked while they walked.

"You looked comfortable." Tony shrugged and walked up to a door towards the end of the hallway. He opened it to reveal a guest bedroom with an attached bathroom.

"There's stuff you can use in the bathroom and clothes on the bed. I bought you more because we've already ruined like what, three shirts? And you're over here a lot, so why not?" Tony paused for a second, before just saying, "breakfast is in an hour," and walking back towards the kitchen.

Peter closed the door and looked around the room for a second, before grabbing one pair of clothes off the bed and going into the bathroom. For a billionaire's tower, it was a pretty standard guest room.

After taking a shower, Peter found an extra toothbrush, hair brush, and deodorant, as Tony said. How often did they have guests over anyway? There was never anyone here when Peter came over for the internship every day.

After about half an hour, when he'd gotten ready, he went back out to the living room. Tony said breakfast still wasn't ready and that he could watch TV until then.

While he watched TV, more Avengers came and joined him. They actually started talking more than they actually watched TV, although Peter didn't talk much. His mind kept drifting back to the orphanage and Ms. Pundow.

Finally Tony called everyone over with what looked to be hashbrowns and breakfast burritos. They all moved to the table and continued their conversation.